nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding content types to mSearch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lene

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: mSearch is too good to forget Reply with quote

I have installed mSearch a few days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. But it doesn't search all my modules. I found out that mSearch can be extended but I don't know how I have to write such a extension (e.g. for Coppermine). Maybe someone can explain me hox to do that.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: mSearch is too good to forget Reply with quote

If you know PHP, it's not too difficult to add content types to mSearch. They work almost the same way as content types for the nukeSEO Sitemap. mSearch stores them in the modules/mSearch/modules directory. When you add a new module there, it is enabled by default. It must conform to the class structure defined by the base search class, but it isn't difficult to copy and modify one of the existing modules / content types.

An important thing to to remember: do not store a copy of a module in the modules/mSearch/modules directory. Like the nukeSEO Sitemap, the search function will crash if there are 2 or more modules with the same class name.

I hope to have a tutorial that better explains how the search class works and shows an example of creating additional content types.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> mSearch All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: