nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misha
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

This is the actual error I received:

Leading whitespace
We've detected that your Sitemap file begins with whitespace. We've accepted the file, but you may want to remove the whitespace so that the file adheres to the XML standard.

Thanks, Misha

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

I believe that problem was reported before. I'll search to see if I can find it.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

See Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! for an explanation - there is likely a problem in your mainfile.php.

Misha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Thanks, Kevin
Do you have any clue where to look for? I have a standard mainfile.php from latest RavenNuke, no modifications yet. And it has sooooooo many spaces Smile
Thanks

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

The ones that matter are outside
Code:
<?php and ?>

If you have spaces before or after these tags (i.e. at the beginning or end of the file) it causes problems with XML documents.

Misha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Hmmm... I removed CR/LF at the end of mainfile.php, but this did not solve the problem - output still has leading CR/LF Sad
http://funandsafedriving.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

Misha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Kevin,

I checked both RSS feeds - site and forum - neither of them give CR/LF at the beginning. By the way, the site from the post you recommended to read, still has the same problem - CR/LF as the first symbols.
I tried to remove CR/LF from my sitemap source, saved it as root/sitemap.xml and submitted it to Google - it just went through without any hickup. So, I'm pretty sure the reason is the CR/LF satrting the file. Any ideas?

Thanks, Misha

Misha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

What about output_buffering php.ini setting? Would it have any effect here?
Thanks, Misha

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Maybe. Did you test different settings?

Also, there may be blanks in other files (e.g. modules.php, or another included file).

Misha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

output_buffering = on/off does not matter;

I ripped off all include and require_once mentioned in mainfile.php of their ending CR/LF (where applicable).

nope. still have the same error.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Do you get an error on the backend.php file?

Misha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

no. backend.php works just fine. and rss feed on forums works fine, too.

Thanks, Misha

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

This is quite strange. I can see your HTML sitemap looks fine, but the Google version doesn't validate (but there is at least data there - which wasn't the case before, right?).

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Do you have any extra files in your modules/Sitemap/content directory? Could you grant me FTP access so I could take a look?

Misha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Google tells sitemap does not comply with XML standard Reply with quote

Data were there from the start. As well as this damn CR/LF at the beginning of google file. Other than this starting crap, google fine is good. And in the mentioned folder there are only files that came with installation. I sent you pm with FTP.

Thanks a million.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: