nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Block Slider News ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tauhid
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Block Slider News ? Reply with quote

Can I use this block for News or Tricked Out News ? if yes, How can I make that, please?

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to modify the SQL used to retrieve the information, but it might work. Have you tried it with RavenNuke 2.5 or with Tricked Out News from http://www.trickedoutnews.com ?

tauhid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question to the administrator of the TON, but I think he is employed. Rolling Eyes
because he always gives a fast response. Sad

But thanks anyway, you've given me of your time. Smile

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you are trying to say?
You posted in the TON forum on their website and got an answer to your question in 3 hours (the same answer you got here).
Were you expecting someone to download it, install it and tell if it would definitely work or not?

The best thing to do is install it yourself and see if there are any problems. Report any errors and then maybe someone can give you more advice.

tauhid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://trickedoutnews.com/ftopict-228.html

I installed it. but I can see only Title of the article in the block.
I hope now you understand me.

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be several problems with that code (apart from being old and poorly written).
It looks for a function in the News module called 'NEArticle', which doesn't exist (I think it was in an older module from NukeScripts called NSN News, which sadly no longer exists) and it is also trying to get data from a field called 'haberresim' in the nuke_stories table which doesn't exist.
Looking at the code, that field is supposed to be for an image but the News module has never had an image field so it looks like that News Slider was meant to work with a modified News module.

tauhid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I understand that it has no sense to inquire further.
thank you again

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add the field called haberresim to your nuke_stories table, and some way to maintain it (that is, to specify the picture for each story), or you could create a function to extract an image from the content of the story.

As for the NEArticle function, I believe Guardian is correct that it was used with the NSN News module. I'm not sure what that function did, but I'm guessing it may have retrieve the content, so you could replace it with something different.

All of that assumes you are able to program in PHP.

Just for reference, I am working on a module to enable this sort of slideshow, but can not focus on it now nor do I have an estimate of when it will be available.

tauhid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't know much about PHP. Confused
it's Better, I waiting for your module Embarassed

tauhid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://trickedoutnews.com/ftopicp-1312.html#1312

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: