nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acauth1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Site Map Reply with quote

The module will generate and submit a sitemap to Google, (assuming one has an account,) correct? Where does the module store the sitemap on site, or does it?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

The Google sitemap is dynamically generated - which means that whenever Google "loads" it, it has the most current information. Because it's dynamic, it isn't really stored anywhere. This should work well for all but the largest sites (I'm interested in hearing if large sites use it). A future version may include the ability to store the sitemap and compress it (something Google requires for sites with really large sitemaps). Of course, storing it means it's not dynamic...so that is the tradeoff.

Yes, you must have a Google account to submit your sitemap (you can create one from the same status / login link in nukeSEO). I added the details for this in the Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! last night, but in a nutshell, you add your Nuke domain, then add the sitemap URL: modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google .

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

kguske,

Do you think it possible to use Cache Lite to cache the sitemap? I am then wondering if Raven's Cache Lite Admin module would allow you to refresh it from time-to-time?

Just a thought... don't know enough about it to know for sure.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

That's a great question, montego. I'll look into that.

kishan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

I have GT-NExtGEn installed in my phpnuke 7.8 and I see the icon for nukeseo in admin panel but I do not see sitemap module to activate when I click on modules in admin panel.
help will be appreciated.

Govindji Patel

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

Just checking to make sure, is the Sitemap module and related files located in the modules directory?

I haven't used GT-NextGen, but I would assume there are other modules that have experienced similar issues with this (assuming the module is in the modules directory). Is something else required for new modules to work with GT-NextGen?

BTW, I would recommend against using 7.8, due to the security issues introduced with how the TinyMCE editor was implemented.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

As I suspected, see this post: http://www.gt-nextgen.com/ftopict-575-module.html

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

And, a possible solution: http://www.gt-nextgen.com/ftopict-85-module.html

kishan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I have the sitemap module show up and activated it but when I click on it I see something very diffrent.
you can check it out at
http://www.thenicheonline.com/gardening
When I uploaded the nukeseo I do not see if i have to make any changes in database.
when I click on nukeseo in admin click on configure I see the same thing.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

Your Google Tap, GT-NExtGEn, Googlifier or whatever rewriting tool seems to be causing problems with the Sitemap.

In the readme, it should say something about when accessing the nukeSEO admin function after installation, which automatically creates the necessary database table that is used to determine which modules / content types will not be included in the Sitemap module. If you are able to Configure the Sitemap, the table has been created.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

I have seen this issue alot and almost 99% of the time it is a mismatch in the table definition for nuke_modules and the INSERT statement for new modules within the modules() function in admin/modules/modules.php. This is usually caused by an incomplete installation of either the GT-NextGEn main menu tweak or NSN Groups.

This is where I would look... Take a look at the INSERT statement in the above mentioned file and compare to the nuke_modules table definition and make sure the number of arguments in the INSERT match. However, if they do not match, you need to figure out which of your mods caused the mismatch.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, montego.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Site Map Reply with quote

This puppy keeps reariing its head - one of the reasons I prefer things not to modify core table structures Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: