nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WCAG AAA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: WCAG AAA Reply with quote

I have been making a few tweaks to my nukeNAV in order to make it more accessible.
The biggest issue with validating it for WCAG AAA specification is with the links missing the TITLE attribute.
Specifically;
[E835] [WCAGv1 13.1 (AA)] Use the 'title' attribute to distinguish between different links that use the same link text

[E836] [WCAGv1 13.1 (AA)] Use different values for 'title' attributes with links that use the same link text

Something of a conundrum since to gain compliance you need to use the title attribute but at the same time, the value of the title attribute must be different each time if you have the same anchor text.

So far, to actually output the title attribute, I have modified the nukeNAV block file and the includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php file.
Thankfully we can just use $m_title2 in most places but I'm now wondering how I can 'alter' the attribute so that it is 'unique' whilst still being relevant.

Thoughts/feedback appreciated but so far I'm thinking I might append $m_title with the menu type i.e. 'main' for the header menu and 'side' for the block file.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me what you have done - it will make it easier for my aging mind to understand. Smile

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you an email with a better explanation as my files are a bit customised and didn't want to complicate things Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeNAV (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: