nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatically post to Twitter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Automatically post to Twitter? Reply with quote

Was thinking about ways in which to make our use of the social networking environment to benefit our RavenNuke(tm) community, to give them ways to follow changes which occur with various things. I have not thought this out very well, which is why I am starting here rather than just making something.

It would be nice to have the following types of "changes" be automatically sent/updated on the RN pages on Twitter and Facebook and _____ (yes, potentially fill in the blank for who knows what we find to use):

Wiki changes
    RavenNuke(tm) specific news topics
    Subversion updates (not sure on this one for reasons I think you know)
    Others???

For the Wiki, I see that it can provide a RSS/ATOM feed for Recent Changes, so that might work.

It seems that part of this might be nukeFEED(tm), pushing out a tweet, or could it even be a nukePIE(tm) thing as it consumes a specific feed, or is it your hack to consolidate a bunch of different feeds into one? Who knows. Guess just looking for discussion/ideas, so maybe this post needs to move to somewhere else...

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First obstacle is posting stuff to SB sites is that they generally require a valid log-in so automated posting to SB sites like Twitter or Facebook might not be possible - though I think oauth.org is working with Twitter to provide a log-in API.
This is possibly one of the positive aspects of OpenID in that remote secure log-ins are possible via encrypted data to a variety of sites.

I like the general idea though and I would definitely like to see something along the lines of an admin visible feed consumption for script 'updates' and important messages within RN itself at some point. Possibly sometime in the future a possibly PAD file reader that could be used to display copyright data as well as version changes to bundled or third party scripts.

nuken
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send tweets straight to facebook and others automatically when they are posted on twitter. Maybe a simple twitter update that sends to other Social Media outlets would be the easiest way. One easy way is http://twitterfeed.com/

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuken, I was originally thinking more of generating tweets to Twitter from existing RSS/ATOM feeds or other means. But, in reality, it probably makes more sense to manually decide what to post vs. automated and then an aggregator tool would be best for pushing the same message out to multiple SN sites.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twitterfeed is supposed use your rss feed and send it to twitter when it is updated. I think it also does facebook and some others as well.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... cool. I'll have to take a look. thanks

Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a neat little APP.
Now I just need to find a way of creating a selective feed to give it.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They use Open ID too...

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little unnerved when I signed up under OpenID and got a message that the authentication wasn't secure, meaning not using HTTPS. I don't like that one bit! If I have an OpenID that I am going to use everywhere in the world, I'd sure like it to be secure transmission... oh well... back to reality for me.

spasticdonkey
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feedburner now has an option for posting to twitter

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I use twitterfeed with nukeFEED and feedburner on one site - it works pretty well for twittering selective stories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: