nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thought I'd say hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duke
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

Hi, my names Ken and I have websites Very Happy specifically 5 phpnuke and one pn. I'm interested in SEO, have a reasonable amount of knowledge but really don't seem to follow the rules anyway Confused

Funny thing is that with search engines like google that have their fingers into everything it's difficult for anyone to be an SEO expert.

Anyway, see you around.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

Welcome, Duke!

It's true that search engines - especially Google - change frequently. One thing that helps all around - good content.

It is difficult to be an SEO expert - and I don't claim to be that, which is why I research what those who do claim such expertise say / write and validate that against other experts' opinions and my own experience. I can say that the tools in nukeSEO, if properly used (and hopefully that's not too hard) can make a difference. And, if we find additional tools, techniques that help...we will look to include them in future versions.

Thanks for posting!

Duke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

Sorry I've been absent for so long but I'm in the middle of a major webhost move and along with staffing at dadaNuke, nukemods, UKWebmasterWorld, and a host of other sites, my time has been stripped from me.

It's funny that you mention content is king with google because I always thought the same until a few months ago, now I'm not sure anymore.

I have a top-level site that sends PR down through my network sites pyramided beneath it. I added a new site to my network in December of 05 and received PR 4 on the main page on the first google update.

I had very little in the way of content (still doesn't), small memberslist, very few unique IP's and even fewer members returning and yet PR 4 on one update?

I also posted something on SEOTools about content and was basically told my head was in my rear for thinking content had anything to do with PR, it's incoming links.

Of course, I think it may be largely based on a healthy mix of both content and relevant incoming links but then again, who really knows?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

There is a significant difference between Google pagerank (PR) and search engine results placement (SERP for short, also referred to as ranking). Google PR is definitely affected by incoming links - and the Google PR of those sites linking, where is Google results ranking is much less so and more based on content, according to most SEO gurus and our experience.

Since your network of existing sites likely had decent Google PR, it's easy to understand why linking to your new site resulted in a decent initial Google PR for the new site.

Duke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

I do understand the above but I have to say, it's a pretty pathetic system and I'm a little shocked that seems to be the way google operates.

I'd much prefer to see my sites build up PR based on content, keyword density, linking to like-minded sites than the current sytem.

As far as I'm concerned, Page Ranking isn't the true measure of a website yet many people strive for it. In fact, I know I could be making money right now just selling links on my well ranked pages due to this misconception.

I've also started committing to keywords and keyword density and just recently, reached the top result on Google for one of my keywords. I've also noticed a boost in site traffic due to this search string.

Another thing that would be great is if there could be less emphasis on google and more emphasis on yahoo, msn, alta-vista, etc., SEO.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by less emphasis on Google. Check your statistics and those of Search Engine Watch, but the majority of search traffic - by FAR - on ALL my sites comes from Google.

Duke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

I meant that a lot of SEO materials you read up on are primarily google related. To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see more info on Yahoo, MSN, etc., SEO.

I do get most of my traffic from google but I'd love to add to my stats for the other engines as well.

Make any sense?

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Thought I'd say hello Reply with quote

Yes. From my experience, Yahoo, MSN, and others are much easier to get both listed and high SERP using standard approaches. Google is the toughest SEO nut to crack...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: