nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error: end tag for "ul" which is not finished

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Error: end tag for "ul" which is not finished Reply with quote

This is just a minor compliance error, but based on what is causing it, I wonder if there might also be a slight functional flaw.

Where I am seeing this is my Admin Modules --> Invisible Modules sub-menu is empty (hence the empty UL tags that are causing the compliance issue). Now, I checked, and I have two modules that are Invisible: Groups and nukeNAV. Groups is currently also Inactive and so it is showing up under the Inactive Modules sub-menu. But, nukeNAV is not showing up under the Invisible Modules sub-menu.

I also run Sommaire which shows the two different breakouts too and when comparing to it, it thinks nukeNAV should be under the Invisible. So, maybe you hard-coded it out?

Is it possible to code around this to where the extra UL tags under Invisible is not generated?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compliance issue? Yes. Functional flaw? No.

nukeNAV isn't a true module in the sense that it should be displayed as a menu selection, even an invalid one (though maybe we should highlight if it's inactive). There is no way to choose which function you want to execute since the nukeNAV functions are only to be executed from the nukeNAV menu.

There is an array that contains the hard-coded modules that are excluded from the modules, invisible and inactive modules menus because they are used elsewhere in the nukeNAV menu. nukeNAV is included in this array, even though it isn't used elsewhere in the nukeNAV menu.

Here's a solution to the compliance issue. In includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php, insert
Code:
   if (in_array($m_title, $menuModules)) continue;  // Module already on menu elsewhere
after $m_title2 is set in this loop:
Code:
while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) {

$m_title = stripslashes($row['title']);
   $custom_title = $row['custom_title'];
   $view = intval($row['view']);
   $groups = $row['groups'];
   $active = intval($row['active']);
   $inmenu = intval($row['inmenu']);
   $m_title2 = ereg_replace('_', ' ', $m_title);
   if (in_array($m_title, $menuModules)) continue;  // Module already on menu elsewhere

That eliminates the need for this line later in that same loop:
Code:
      if (in_array($m_title, $menuModules)) {}  // Module already on menu elsewhere

I haven't tested this yet, but will do so. if you test and agree on this solution, I can add to SVN.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested and found one additional change.
Code:
      elseif ($inmenu == 0 and $active == 1) $hiddenModules .= $menuItem;

should be changed to:
Code:
      if ($inmenu == 0 and $active == 1) $hiddenModules .= $menuItem;

after removing or commenting out the line before it.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that does seem to solve the compliance issue. Thanks!

BTW, tested also by adding back in a module into the Invisible category alongside nukeNAV. Works great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeNAV (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: