nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMO and SEO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: SMO and SEO Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the articles on SMO when you have written them.

On a side note, I am wondering if there is anything to be gained by altering the basic way the News is presented in *nuke sites. Apart from the obvious ones like use of H tags I was specifically debating with myself if it might not be of benefit to to use something like jQuery show() toggle() and hide() to 'hide' the content of the Read More links so the whole article is presented 'on-page' but some area's like the extended text section is hidden (CSS hides specific DIV's) to keep things tidy until an appropriate link is clicked (ReadMore?) to unhide/toggle the display of that section of text.

I suppose in theory, you could do the same with the article rating section too.

Whilst it seems like an advantage in the context of having the full content of the article on the one page instead of it having to be crawled via a link (at least for recently posted articles) it has the disadvantage of 'diluting' keyword relevancy as you are increasing the % ratio of words per page.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe for the first article, but the page size would potentially be huge to show the text of all articles on the front page. And, search engines like Google are capable of detecting hidden content - and ignoring it.

That said, there are other things that could help (e.g. making the social bookmarks hidden)...

johndev

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friends....
what you think Latent Semantic Analysis (LSI - Indexing)? is seo
please reply

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's relevant to the topic of social marketing (SMO).

As for its relevance to SEO, there seems to be some Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! about that, too. Overall, it seems like an attempt to sell SEO services, sort of like your off-topic post in this forum. Nice link, by the way. Rolling Eyes Have you even used PHP-Nuke?

MarcGlden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's relevant to the topic of social marketingI suppose in theory, you could do the same with the article rating section too.

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not surprising, given your (2nd) use of this forum to advertise SEO services.

I guess I'll need to add the Forum mod that hides links from search engines to find out how really important this subject is.

BTW, it's generally accepted here and on other Nuke forums to link to your site in the profile signature, not in each post where it appears to be spam.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: