nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nukeNAV(tm) prototype feedback
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How simple do you envisage adding extra logic to your data model?
As a specific example; I would want to add a menu item if PHP 5.x was detected.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely, there will be predefined menus for certain modules (e.g. Forums, News, Your Account) and the options will depend on module activation (e.g. if Private Messages isn't active, it won't appear on the Your Account menu; if registration isn't active, the Register won't appear on the Your Account menu).

That's for the initial release with nukeSEO DH. Later, we'll add more flexibility - configurable options similar to Sommaire. But I'm not sure that will include PHP version detection - curious as to what your interest is in that?

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just watched the latest video and have to say I'm impressed.
I don't know if you ever looked at that header 'inclusion' Class I sent you an email about as I'm actually thinking of using it in a module to make dynamically including specific JS within HEAD tags easier. I prefer users to not have to make too many edits to core code so just adding one 'include' in header.php to that Class seems a good option for what I'm doing with my PM module.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing and the social network signature was a nice suprise.
My only 'nit' is I would, as a matter of personal preference like a bit more transparency on the modal box as I don't like the 'out of scope' page to be too darkened too much.
I guess it doesn't matter if you have a dark site but with a light colored site it's a hefty transition on my poor eyes lol.

Looking forward to see what's next on the horizon.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see the class, and I'm looking into using it in some form. Of course I'll send an advance copy to you to make sure we're on the same page.

As for the transparency, it will, of course, be just a setting in the CSS file, so you can adjust it or even remove it...

wHiTeHaT
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget the advertise login Rolling Eyes

Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, it should be possible to include the ad module client log-in and even the subscription link - if they are enable in site preferences.

Personally (and off-topic), I never really understood the need for a seperate advertising client log-in (which has to be created manually by the site admin).
It would be just as easy to adapt Your_Account to allow registered site members to buy an advertising slot.

Hmm, that was my idea, I may do that!!

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not want to use Your_Account (members) for advertising clients.

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure would be nice, though, to keep everything self-contained. Maybe a new user type called "Advertiser Only" or something like that.

I've always wondered the same thing too. Another failure on FB's part to have a well organized and integrated core set of services (API). Hopefully we get there some day...

THoTH
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work ! and as I've just said in a PM kguske the new SEO stuff is outstanding ! Montego will be happy I've been hassling him to rewrite head content via the buffered shortlinks page Smile

Let me in on all this fellas, I know I'm a bit of a heretic with the nuketobb3 forums etc, but hey I'm sure there's good info to be shared by all Very Happy

Brilliant, you've restored my nuke faith Laughing

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's installed on this site, so you can see it working now. We are very close to releasing the first release candidate so you'll be able to play with it very soon.

In the mean time, you can check out the nukeSEO DH User's Guide in the Content section on this site.

spasticdonkey
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see your not a shortlinks user, but any thoughts of someday using rewrites to put these great new keywords into the URL?? I know, probably too server intensive but I sure like the idea.

I've noticed google will often rank a site high with no keywords at all, if the search query is in the title and url.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be concerned with how to make this happen and ensure exact same URL each and every time. Wouldn't want multiple URLs to be cached. Think forums and news especially. Already a mess, I know, but could be worse.

I think it might be better to ensure a unique URL "slug" to be used for each page. That might be the next good enhancement to nukeSEO to come about. Maybe it starts looking like the content title - plus some needed other nodes such as article ID, etc. - and then the portion of the URL (the "slug") that could be overwritten, is put into the DH pop-up.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that idea, very nice Smile

montego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something kguske and I can collaborate on. I had already been planning on adding a "tap suggestion" capability to the admin of ShortLinks to where it will actually parse the URLs and suggest the re-write. That type of capability would probably be needed to effect the URL changes.

nuken
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the colorbox... It is so nice not having to load more javascript to get the lightbox effect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeNAV (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Page 2 of 3

Jump to: