nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeds and duplicate content

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susann
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Feeds and duplicate content Reply with quote

I use a block with my feeds and I added a link to feeds.html in my navigation.
Does it make sence to use rel= nofollow for all links within the feed block or should I better use only my navigation for feeds ?
Any tips information about duplicate content and feeds ?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Feeds and duplicate content Reply with quote

As we know, not all search engines adhere to the no-follow and no-index and even ones that do, can index a link even if it is a no-follow.
Personally, I'm slowly reviewing all links on my site and where I have duplicate content, I'm trying to identify which of those links I should keep 'public' for better for SEO and which links I should 'hide' by wrapping them in a user test.
I have no problem giving my users different ways to find the same content - News, Articles & Authors, Topics etc

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Feeds and duplicate content Reply with quote

Back to the feeds its known if you use Wordpress there is problem with duplicate content and feeds of course with other links in wordpress too.
I think I will use just my navigation with a link to feeds and maybe I use rel nofollow.

selectric
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! If you break up your posts, show only a sample intro, or your first paragraph in the $hometext (which is shown in your feeds) and post the majority of your article in your $bodytext, then everywhere your feed is syndicated will only have the first chunk of your article, with your title as a link back to the original, full article. According to what I read on google blog, if your website is identified as the original source, through a link back to it, it shouldnt be a problem. If you use nofollow on your feed links back to your site, this may effect that.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/06/duplicate-content-due-to-scrapers.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: