nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First 3 ALT image attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaos_coa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: First 3 ALT image attributes Reply with quote

Hi - I am optimizing my php-nuke home page (raven nuke 2.20) for SEO.

One thing I run into is this (from web ceo optimization report):

1. Your keyword is not present in the first 3 ALT image attributes on your page (or there are no ALT attributes at all)! If you have images on your page, put the keyword in one of these ALTs as they are considered more important than the rest of the ALTs on your page. Even though ALT tags haven't gained much importance with Google, the Yahoo! and Windows Live search engines pay much more attention to them.

From the SEO view report it appears that the 3 alt image attributes that I am using are approx the 36th that the spider sees. ..

here are a few that the spiders see first:

themes/6446/images/left.jpg
themes/6446/images/logo.jpg
themes/6446/images/text.jpg
themes/6446/images/spacer.gif

etc

etc

I dont suppose there is any way around this?

A way to get my images with alt attributes optimized for seo to appear first?

My site is here:

http://www.digital-photography-share.com/

Thanks !

Kyle

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: First 3 ALT image attributes Reply with quote

Unfortunately, you need to use a theme that makes better use of CSS styling, including images that are only used for layout/presentation purposes. In RavenNuke(tm), the upcoming 2.30.00 release, there is a theme called RavenIce that is a good demonstration of this type of theme coding.

You may want to modify your theme.php (and possibly some of the .html files if you theme uses them) function header.php to give alt attributes on your logo and text images. However, you might also consider giving those images files more meaningful names.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: