nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nukeFEED question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFogie
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

Hello

well im kinda new to this all but i was looking for a "new feed" to add to our website. I explained what i was looking for and i was directed here because he thought this is what i was looking for. I just wanted to confirm...

well on alot of website they have a custom news feed, lets say 8 articles and its scrolls through them with a picture and a link. Is this what the nukeFEED is or am i thinking of something totaly different.

an expample of what i was looking for can be found on the homepage here: www.mlgpro.com, if that is something different can someone direct me in the right dirrection to find something of that sort for ravennuke

Thanks,
Fogie

MrFogie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

Surely someone has put the nukeFEED on their site and can fill me in?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

nukeFEED generates feeds from your site for use on other sites, news readers, etc.

If you want to consume (display) a feed from another site on your site, you can do that with:
- the default block news reader
- nukePIE (already built into RavenNuke) that replaces the default block news reader
- other modules like multiheadlines

Is that what you're looking for?

MrFogie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

more or less, I am new to the whole php thing but if you visit the site www.mlgpro.com they have a slide show/ news feed on their homepage. Will i be able to create a simular news feed on my site such as the one they have with nukeFEED?

Thanks,
Fogie

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

I don't believe either of those is a news feed. The slide show is something like we have here on nukeSEO.com - it's javascript that can be done with some modifications to include the javascript, CSS and either PHP or HTML.

The news items could be done with a combination of nukeFEED and nukePIE, but since these are items from the same site, you should just be able to list the stories in a block (see the Big Story of Today, Old Articles, and Random Headlines blocks for examples). The sample blocks could be used with JS and CSS to do the slide show...

MrFogie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I don't believe either of those is a news feed. The slide show is something like we have here on nukeSEO.com - it's javascript that can be done with some modifications to include the javascript, CSS and either PHP or HTML.

with that being said could you point me in the right direction on this site to where i could find more info on that

Any help would be more than appreciated

Thanks,
Fogie

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

Unfortunately, when I created it, it wasn't intended for release as a download. But, if you look at the JS used on the home page here, you'll note a Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! I used from Dynamic Drive called featured content slider. I saved this as a file, load it in javascript.php (or one of the included files therein), then created a PHP block that formats the HTML correctly so that the JS and CSS formats it in the Featured Downloads block on the front page.

MrFogie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: nukeFEED question Reply with quote

Thank you very much I appreciate the help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: