nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorpion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

Hello,

I am getting the error below in the XML validator and do not understand how to interpret or what to look.

In the error message is stated that there is "Expected white space after public id"???? I am guessing there should be a space between sections but do not have a clue as to what they mean here by "public id" and how to resolve.

Can you help? Thanks...

----------ERROR-----------------

Schema validating with XSV 3.1-1 of 2007/12/11 16:20:05

Schema validator crashed

The maintainers of XSV will be notified, you don't need to
send mail about this unless you have extra information to provide.
If there are Schema errors reported below, try correcting
them and re-running the validation.

* Target: http://ur.clanservers.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google
(Real name: http://ur.clanservers.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google
Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635)
* The target was not assessed

Low-level XML well-formedness and/or validity processing output

Error: Expected whitespace after public id
in unnamed entity at line 1 char 63 of http://ur.clanservers.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

---------END OF ERROR---------------------

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

The google sitemap has a schema specifically laid down by Google.
I presume you have added the sitemap link to your Google account - is Google showing any errors?

scorpion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

The only response coming back in the webmaster tools/Sitemap details is "Unsupported file format - Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit."

I am not sure where to start with so little info....

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

The Sitemap module must be active.

scorpion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

I thought you were really on to something there. I did go in and found my module was not activated. Have since activated it, but, I resubmitted the Sitemap on Google and I get exactly the same error.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

If you saw that error on Google, did you get it time to try again? Google won't recheck your page instantly - only periodically. Also, I ran it through a Google Sitemap validator and it looks fine.

scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

I resubmitted the Sitemap in the Google webmaster tools section and it came back roughly 10 - 15 minutes later with the error. I just checked back and the information was the same.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR - Expected whitespace after public id Reply with quote

Can you post or send a screenshot of the error? When I validated it, it came back fine, so I need to see what Google things is wrong.

eezarticles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Google error...unsupported file format Reply with quote

Hello

I too get the "unsupported file format when i submit my site to google. Was there ever a fix for this issue.

www.eezarticles.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have added custom JS that is appearing before the XML:

themes/lightnuke/jquery-1.3.2.min.js
themes/lightnuke/jquery.hoverIntent.minified.js
themes/lightnuke/jquery-mdd.js
themes/lightnuke/forums/fading.js

I would strongly consider the possible problems with loading jQuery in a theme, when it's also likely to be loaded elsewhere.

If you use RavenNuke, the next release will include a much easier way to add CSS and JS, even at the module level.

eezarticles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I do not fully understand your reply.

What would I need to do to rectify it then? Change my theme?

Many thanks

Nathan

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing your theme should work if the new theme doesn't load JS when displaying the sitemap.

You could also modify the current theme to check if loading the sitemap before loading that JS. And, that theme loads the JS before the HTML and HEAD tags - really not good.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load your javascript inside header.php instead of loading it in your theme, which loads after the header.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: