nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help w/Blocks Urgetnly Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geraldf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Help w/Blocks Urgetnly Needed Reply with quote

I added a block on my php nuke version 7.8 and I added it as an RSS feed from ancestry.com. As soon as I had saved the new block, the new block appears on every link that is accessed and you cannot see what you are supposed to; for example: If i access the administration link from the modules block all I see is the ancetry block and none of the administration icon are visible and this works the same for every link that I try to access, it seems the only page that will load is the AvantGo page. The new ancestry block that I created does not appear with the other blocks in the file manager so I cannot just simply delete the block. If you create a new block what file does that code go to? gfinney@comcast.net is my email if you want to email me directly. Thank you for all of your efforts as they are greatly appreciated.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help w/Blocks Urgetnly Needed Reply with quote

If you cannot turn the block off from the admin area because it has screwed everything up, you will need to remove the record for it in the nuke blocks table by accessing your database with phpMyAdmin or whatever database administration tool your host has provided.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help w/Blocks Urgetnly Needed Reply with quote

When you create an RSS block, it stores the RSS link / URL in the nuke_blocks table, and, unless you're using nukePIE or RavenNuke 2.20 or higher, it stores a cache of the RSS contents also in the nuke_blocks table (nukePIE stores the cache as a file in the cache directory).

As Guardian said, you can delete the record in the nuke_blocks table that has the ancestry.com feed using a database tool like phpMyAdmin.

Geraldf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help w/Blocks Urgetnly Needed Reply with quote

You guys are awesome! I found the block table in PHPAmin very quickly and it was easy to identify and delete the ancestry block that I had created. I really want to thank you guys for all of your efforts as they are greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: