nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap? Reply with quote

Is it possible for me to list "Title - Subtitle (if existing)" under the content in the sitemap? If so, what can I do to change it?

I would like to do the same thing in the mSearch reply under content but I guess I should post that in the right section?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap? Reply with quote

Assuming that you mean only for News content...

Yes, you might be able to override the sql_col_title variable in modules/Sitemap/content/News.php file (or the corresponding file for mSearch), or override the function doquery in the same News.php file to concatenate the subtitle with the article title.

But the title would potentially be pretty long, no?

No need to post the same request in both forums. I'll delete the other.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap? Reply with quote

Sorry, I see that you meant Content, rather than News. The same approaches should work, but using the correct Content class, of course.

Qlof

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap? Reply with quote

Yeah... I looked at it and I'll try some things. I'm not really a programmer but I've learned by 5 years of constantly editing phpnuke.

The reason is we have reviews in the content module and we use artist name for title and album name for subtitle.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I make content subtitle listed in the sitemap? Reply with quote

Overriding functions requires an understanding of object-oriented programming. It's not that difficult, but can be if you haven't any experience in that area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: