nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remove links to newsauthors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke enhancement ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

Every time I run a tool to see how optimized my website is, it says I have too many links. I know that Google won't check all links if there are too many but I want to keep all links - except for the ones to news authors.

I mean the fact that the name of the author is a link. On my website, all authors link goes back to my main page. I want to remove this, and I suspect others want to aswell.

I've been looking through the index.php file in /modules/News but I can't find it there. Can someone help me out here?

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

It is the $informant variable within your theme.php file within the themeindex() function. It gets concatenated into the $content variable.

Now, although each theme can be different, you should still be able to trace through how its using that $informant variable.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

Thanks! Didn't know it was in the theme file. I fixed it.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

Qlof - I'm curious as to why it says you have too many links. Which software are you using for that?

Qlof

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

I'm using the link in nukeSEO for analyzing meta tags. This is what t says:

Web page analysis.
This page contains too many URLs.
This tag contains 128 urls. Some Search Engines have problems with more than 100 urls on a page.

There was more links than that before I made this edit.

We have alot of links to news stories and sections of the website. We have like 25 news items on the main page with "read more" links, and a list of older news items (as we update alot). We also have links to alot of reviews etc. The website is www.worldwideconnected.com.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

I see, thank you for the clarification. Smile

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

Hmm, now I have thought about this some more after re-reading this old post I have to wonder whether IF you have a large number of news posts on the home page and therefore a subsequent high number of links for the posters profile etc that some search engines *might* penalise you page rank wise if it possibly interprets the high number of links as the page belonging to a directory or link farm.

My initial thought is that as the links would be 'internal' it shouldn't matter but it's an interesting hypothesis.

Qlof

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Remove links to newsauthors Reply with quote

Yeah I don't know really. The website used in nukeSEO was the one saying there were too many links. We have 25 news items in home plus a list of old newsitems (as we update alot). All news authors homepage was our own website so there is not really a need for a link in our case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke enhancement ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: