nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial Configuration
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

OK I think I have sused out the setting of the meta tags etc but...
At the top of the page I keep getting this error message
Quote:

Content-Type not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
EXPIRES not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RESOURCE-TYPE not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
DISTRIBUTION not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
AUTHOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
COPYRIGHT not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
KEYWORDS not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
REVISIT-AFTER not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RATING not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
GENERATOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded

Here are the settings that appear for that
Quote:

HTTP-EQUIV Content-Type text/html; charset="._CHARSET."
HTTP-EQUIV EXPIRES 0
NAME RESOURCE-TYPE DOCUMENT
NAME DISTRIBUTION GLOBAL
NAME AUTHOR $sitename
NAME COPYRIGHT $sitename
NAME KEYWORDS security,manned guarding,security forum,security license,licensing,keyholding,sia,security officer,guild of security,security company,retail security,security advice,anti terrorrism
NAME DESCRIPTION security forums, news and security product reviews
NAME ROBOTS INDEX, FOLLOW
NAME REVISIT-AFTER 1 DAY
NAME RATING GENERAL
NAME GENERATOR PHP-Nuke Copyright (c) 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software

Both meta.php and meta2.php have been chmod to 77 (just in case)

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Those are really just warning messages and they will appear every time you save your META tags / keywords. This was included in the original META tags module, and I didn't change it. The original developer, Jens Hauge, who gave me permission to include this in nukeSEO, wanted to add validation into the META tags editor - this is a constant reminder to do that...

However, since you validate your META tags using the Validate function through nukeSEO, I didn't think it was urgent to add the validations to the editor. But it's a good reminder to validate your tags after editing them!

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

The permissions on meta.php and meta2.php should be set to 644. That allows you to overwrite these files without executing them. Making it higher won't hurt, but isn't necessary.

Although the current version of nukeSEO is focused on the index page and the META tags apply to all Nuke pages, I'm looking at ways to allow META tags by module. I realize that an addon for this already exists, but I'd like to provide that function with the same keyword / reporting / analysis and validation tools included in nukeSEO.

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I understand that a bit better now.

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Although the current version of nukeSEO is focused on the index page and the META tags apply to all Nuke pages, I'm looking at ways to allow META tags by module. I realize that an addon for this already exists, but I'd like to provide that function with the same keyword / reporting / analysis and validation tools included in nukeSEO.

I'm no coder so I'll get that out of the way to start with.
If I was looking to do something like this, I think I would go with the approach of creating / re-writing files on the fly.
For example, the admin area would 'create' (if it did not already exist) a meta file, lets call it meta-news.php so we know which module its for and would write all the required data to that file.
It *might* then be possible to add some code to say includes/custom_files/custom-header.php which would detect which module is in use and then dynamically 'include' the appropriate meta file

Just thinking out loud here lol

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

That's almost exactly what I have in mind...

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Thats outstanding - so great minds DO think alike lol
In effect then, there would be one meta file 'created' for each module and depending on whether a file already existed for a specific module, it would either go into the 'create' routine or 'edit' routine.

As the header is loaded via a mainfile include, it should theoretically be possible to detect which module the page is loading and then include the appropriate meta file - whether or not this (ordered) sequence is followed in reality is another matter but the concept at least to me is fairly sound.

An additional benefit of using the file method would be that if for example, nukeSEO determined (through its analysis) that different keywords would be better, it could update the appropriate meta file without all that tedious business of typing - great for people like me whose brains seem to be about 5 minutes in front of their hands.
And of course its SQL friendly Smile

izone
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
OK I think I have sused out the setting of the meta tags etc but...
At the top of the page I keep getting this error message
Quote:

Content-Type not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
EXPIRES not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RESOURCE-TYPE not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
DISTRIBUTION not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
AUTHOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
COPYRIGHT not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
KEYWORDS not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
REVISIT-AFTER not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RATING not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
GENERATOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded

Here are the settings that appear for that
Quote:

HTTP-EQUIV Content-Type text/html; charset="._CHARSET."
HTTP-EQUIV EXPIRES 0
NAME RESOURCE-TYPE DOCUMENT
NAME DISTRIBUTION GLOBAL
NAME AUTHOR $sitename
NAME COPYRIGHT $sitename
NAME KEYWORDS security,manned guarding,security forum,security license,licensing,keyholding,sia,security officer,guild of security,security company,retail security,security advice,anti terrorrism
NAME DESCRIPTION security forums, news and security product reviews
NAME ROBOTS INDEX, FOLLOW
NAME REVISIT-AFTER 1 DAY
NAME RATING GENERAL
NAME GENERATOR PHP-Nuke Copyright (c) 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software

Both meta.php and meta2.php have been chmod to 77 (just in case)

I and some other users have the same problem and I don't know how to validate the META tags?

Quote:
However, since you validate your META tags using the Validate function through nukeSEO,

I cann't see any link to meta validator!

Regards!

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Use the "Analyze META Tags" option (under "Research & Edit").

izone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

kguske, I do that and it takes me to another site and everything seems OK, then what? When I click on Save I get the same error message again!

Do I have to do anything else?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Again, those are really just warning messages and they will appear every time you save your META tags / keywords. This was included in the original META tags module, and I didn't change it. The original developer, Jens Hauge, who gave me permission to include this in nukeSEO, wanted to add validation into the META tags editor - this is a constant reminder to do that...

The analyze function provided by Submit Express just tells you if there are any real errors. Nothing else you need to do. I guess we should disable the warnings in the full release. I'll add that to the list.

izone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

Ok, thanks kguske, I see it now. I've got many questions about it since I made an annocement for Persian ver. in my sites.

Sorry for bumping! Very Happy

Best Regards!

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

No problem. Keep up the good work!

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
That's almost exactly what I have in mind...

Sure wish we didn't have to write files... I am going to change the HTML Newsletter in the next release to be completely DB driven.

If you write meta files on the fly, don't you have to have the includes folder be 777? There are others in the community, such as technocrat, that believe this to be problematic (hence why I am considering changing the HNL).

Just a thought...

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Initial Configuration Reply with quote

We're on the same page, montego. I will switch nukeSEO to a database approach, too, rather than having multiple meta.php files located all over the place.

And, if you make HTML Newsletter database driven, it will be much easier to make it available for searches, feeds, and sitemaps!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: