nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

Hello!

THis seems to be an awesome editor for phpnuke, and I would really want to use it on my site but I cant seem to get it working.
Im using php-nuke 8.0. Is it possible to use it with 8.0 or should I just forget it? I am NOT good with php or java.

Will there be a guide how to install it?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

Welcome. It should be possible to use nukeWYSIWYG with 8.0, but I haven't thought about a guide for installing it. The versions that use TinyMCE, starting with 7.7, removed important security to protect against bad HTML. So my question is - if you aren't good with PHP, why are you using 8.0? Most likely, you will have to patch it and recover from successful web attacks. If your site is new, I would recommend using a patched distribution of 7.6 or, even better, RavenNuke from http://ravenphpscripts.com.

Ohem
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

(Sorry for bumping, but i think it's good with another point of view)

I've looked around and it sure is recommended using version 7.6 but at the same time, it's a bit overrated. I remember a quote that goes like this: "It's only safe as you make it" and that person's point being: PHP-Nuke 8 is safe enough when it's patched and have NukeSentinel installed, configured and working (include common sense).

Sure "Tiny MCE" isn't a safe editor, that's why i removed it and replaced it with the nuke editor on this site and specifically placed it on areas where i as an admin only can access.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

Just to clarify, TinyMCE isn't insecure, per se. What makes it insecure is how it was implemented in 7.7+.

Ohem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Just to clarify, TinyMCE isn't insecure, per se. What makes it insecure is how it was implemented in 7.7+.

Ah, then i just have been a bit confused then Smile.

aitserv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

I am using Nuke 8.0

can any body show us how to modify the php files so the hack works

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG and PHP-Nuke 8.0 Reply with quote

aitserv wrote:
I am using Nuke 8.0

can any body show us how to modify the php files so the hack works

It would be easier to install a patched version of 7.6 or RavenNuke which has the WYSIWYG editor already included, together with Nuke Sentinel and other security measures.
As you can se from my demographics below, the virgin nuke files from from the original author are simply not safe -
http://www.code-authors.com/content-cat-11.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: