nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error with utf-8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I get an error on line 3 sign 3 in my feed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

I tried adding that line that was in the readme.txt into the config.php file but nothing changed. Is there anyone I can fix this?

I'm not using utf-8 since I was unable to install RN with it, so I switched to latin_1.

I've also checked for spaces in the files listed in the other thread. Not sure if this is the same problem...

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://feeds.feedburner.com/WorldWideConnectedHipHopRnb

I'm using ravennuke and I didn't edit any of the files except for theme files and article.php.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

The problem doesn't seem to be with the character encoding (utf-Cool the error seems to be because there are two blank lines at the beginning of the feed.
You would need to check the source data to determine whether those empty lines appear in the source or whether they are getting added by feedburner for some reason.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

The source is the news module. So this means I should check the files in modules/News? I checked mainfile.php and them.

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I don't think that would help actually as the feed data is retrieved from the database if I remember correctly. You may want to check the feeds module files were uploaded in binary mode and those files that required edits.
I have not come across this before so hopefully kguske may be able to shed some light on it.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I tried downloading the package from this site and re-uploaded everything. Nothing changed. It's weird because I haven't done any edits in these files after downloading RN.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I get the same error with both my feeds so it's probably not any of the module files.

P.S. Where did you get the mailing list module that you have on this site?

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

My sitemap (by nukeSEO) is also starting with blank steps. Google is showing a warning for it, but is accepting it anyway.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

Qlof wrote:
Where did you get the mailing list module that you have on this site?

I think kguske is using the NSN Mailinglist from www.nukescripts.net

Qlof

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I'm unable to find any spaces or whatever in any files. Not sure exactly which files to check except the ones in the feed module and the ones listed above.

Is it possible for me to use a phpnuke default backened.php for RN? I need to get my RSS feeds up.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

Have you tried a different theme? Even if you look at the index.php page, you can see two blank lines at the top.

I would check these files for blank lines outside the PHP tags:

mainfile.php
config.php
header.php
/themes/yourtheme/theme.php

and any other files you've modified.

If you'd like to PM me with FTP user and password, I can take a look and probably find it very quickly.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

Ahh! Thanks!

The blank lines were actually after the last lines of /themes/mytheme/tables.php

I didn't check the theme before since I used the exact same theme and theme files before upgrading to RN and the feed worked fine before.

Thanks kguske and Guardian for your help.

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

I'm just really pleased you managed to find it.
Good work Smile

fadhil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

Please help me ,
im using windows-1256
but not doing fine

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Error with utf-8 Reply with quote

This thread is about utf-8 but you don't say what your problems is, which script/software is causing a problem which makes it really hard to help you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: