nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

I found a solution to the word that caused validation errors on the HTML preview of a nukeFEED that contained a link with français in the title tag.

Maybe it's the php version I'm using on the test environment, but mb_convert_encoding did the the trick...progress.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

I didn't even know of that function - cool!

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

Yeah, me neither until I started digging into these things this past week. There are a whole set of mb_ functions to replace the core PHP string functions for multibyte characterset string handling.

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

I need to do more digging too - apparently the mbstring stuff is not always enabled by default so this may have compatibility problems unless there is a test that can be done so there is a fall-back..

montego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

kguske,

How is this coming along?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

In short, very well! You can see it running on this site, though I don't want to advertise it until I get the FeedBurner integration working (VERY soon).

Also, I found a few more issues during, but these should be resolved quickly. NukeSentinel was blocking FeedValidator and FeedBurner as flood attempts, and that delayed some testing. I also found some issues with the ATOM feed - warnings, but feed is still valid. I'd like to address those if possible. I'm VERY close to finishing the FeedBurner integration, which will make it even more useful.

As soon as I resolve some current issues with the FeedBurner integration, I'll send copies to you and Guardian for testing. At that point, I expect the only outstanding tasks to be popup help and ATOM validation warnings.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

Awesome news kguske! Cannot wait....

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

Just one issue on the integration left - I'll finish that tonight and send out a package for testing.

Misha
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and suggestions for nukeFEED Reply with quote

OK, Q&A team is here Smile

I found you don't have shortlinks for encyclopedia. Adding a corresponding string to GT-Feeds fixes this.

Also - and this is not a bug report but feature suggestion - I would like to see the ability to truncate items in the feed if desired. To a number of characters, words, sentences, or whatever you deem more appropriate. Just look into my encyclopedia feed and you'll see immediately why I want this Smile

Thanks, Misha

nuken
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Awesome job on nukeFEED. This thing does everything except tell you where you left the car keys.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but it already needs an update since feedburner is being changed soon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Page 4 of 4

Jump to: