nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next version of nukeSEO
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

I believe that the short url thing is useless. However, if the "short urls" were generated depending on the title tag it would become interesting.

For example if you made a news story with the title "New nukeSEO version released" it would create a file titled domain.com/news/new_nukeseo_version_release.html

Same goes for content: domain.com/content/title_of_content_page.html

Now this would be useful for SEO.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I agree that multi-language headers are important and have thought about how it could be implemented. But I think it's too much for the next release. Once we have better way to handle the header tags, we can more easily add multi-language functions.

Been thinking about this a bit more and there might be a relatively easy solution, though I have not tested it extensively I wanted to document it here it case it may be useful.
If you drop the following line into header.php;
Code:
echo $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'];
we can see the result of the language the browser is set to.
In the case of IE we get
Code:
en,it;q=0.5
and in the case of FF we get
Code:
en,it;q=0.8,it-it;q=0.5,en-us;q=0.3

We are only interested in the first two characters of the returned string as these tell us which language a browser is set to, in my case it is 'en' so we could do something like
Code:
function browserlang()

{
$visitorlang = $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'];
if (substr($lang, 0, 2) == 'en')
{
// if the user's browser language is set to english
// do something
} else {
// if the user's browser language is NOT set to english
// do something else
}
}

I may play with this a bit Smile

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Qlof wrote:

I believe that the short url thing is useless

Nice intro. Rolling Eyes You have a way with words. ROTFL. Been thinking the same thing. From above:

montego wrote:
BTW, I am thinking that I need to revamp it anyways. The old approach was thinking of this, I think, in terms of simplicity of approach and the need to get something out quickly as back then it was a big, big problem. Been cookin' up some ideas for a 2.0 major release... I want to get away from this type of URL: module-function-nn-nn-nn.html where the nn are just plain numbers. It does look like the industry is still considering descriptive URLs, with a keyword or two, to be helpful (don't ever "stuff" though).

Qlof

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Thankyou for that comment on my grammar. It's very appreciated and informative Laughing. I'm sure your second language is far better than mine and that you do everything to post with correct grammar on forums, as we all know how important that is.

My point is that I don't think short url really helps. Especially not when they contain irrelevant information to the actual content or news page.

And yeah that's the way to go to make phpnuke search engine optimized. It will generate more hits on the subejcts of the topics.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Qlof,

I was not commenting on your grammar. You have misunderstood my post. Sorry if I offended. In my country, I was merely being funny. But, since I messed it up the first time, I don't know how to explain why it was funny.

The main point of my post was that I was merely pointing out to you that you and I are in agreement. I had posted something similar to what you said above your post.

That is all.

Qlof

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

No problem. I may have been a lil negative in that quoted line Wink

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Qlof - sorry, I have to disagree with you there.
Whilst having .plastic-donkey.html is better if the topic title or keywords fit with 'plastic donkey' it is better than modules.phpandsomething.x.xx.xxx.html

modules.phpandsomething.xx.html is going to be better than
modulesandsomething.x.xx.xxx.html
for the simple reason that the last example is less irrelevant to the topic than the first one.
I hope I have explained that one so that it makes some kind of sense I had to edit it twice lol.

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Actually it didn't make total sense so here is another perspective;
If you cannot 'promote' relevancy anything that helps minimise irrelevancy is a good thing.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Thanks for that information. I see your point. Still, I think a filename that is made out of the title tag would be great from a SEO perspective. I guess it might be harder to actually do programming wise.

spasticdonkey
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
Whilst having .plastic-donkey.html is better if the topic title or keywords fit with 'plastic donkey' it is better than modules.phpandsomething.x.xx.xxx.html

plastic-donkey.html , my totally unbiased opinion, I like it! Smile

something I have done on one of my sites, is change some of the standard rewrites to be more appropriate to what my site offers. If my site about is about plastic donkeys why not plastic-donkey24.html instead of content24.html ? While not dynamic it does get the keywords of your choosing in the url.... and is pretty easy to do...

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Guardian wrote:

plastic-donkey.html , my totally unbiased opinion, I like it! Smile

something I have done on one of my sites, is change some of the standard rewrites to be more appropriate to what my site offers. If my site about is about plastic donkeys why not plastic-donkey24.html instead of content24.html ? While not dynamic it does get the keywords of your choosing in the url.... and is pretty easy to do...

Absolutely.
I know some will disagree but in real-life it does help.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Next version of nukeSEO Reply with quote

I think a real good addition to the social bookmarks addon would be to integrate addthis into it. www.addthis.com

that way there is one button instead of several.

zeyt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynamic meta tags are cool but their lost ther weight in the search engines. Dynamic no-index no follow wow it has been spoken in many forums and as far as i know all the people use that bad.
Shortlinks is always good but you'll have to give many support (extra modules etc...). I've eddited all my modules and all the stuff of my nuke and i've changed the method of making links to .html because im suing a cache method that is not friendly with obz ...
Any way the dinamyc titles ROCKS i've made extra changes in it but is really good.
Keep the good work.!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: