nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ww_hoax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

good morning,

why are the "+" between the words of the title/ description and can i change that?

nukeSEO+Persian+language+pack+by+Izone

many thanks

toxictoy
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

Same problem here. I like it a lot and implemented it on my site, but I can not get rid of those "+" between the words in the title.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

That's part of the urlencoding required by the sites. I don't remember seeing that when I tested, but it's certainly appearing now. I'll investigate further and provide an update.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

I must've tested that before making a final change. Embarassed

I've updated the download already, but if you want, you can just comment out the following line in the includes/nukeSEO_SB.php:
Code:
#   $mynuketitle = htmlentities(urlencode($mynuketitle));

It doesn't require HTML entities and it's already urlencoded below that. In the updated download, I moved the urlencode call out of the nukeSEO SB function call so it's clearer (and, no longer duplicated!).

toxictoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I must've tested that before making a final change. Embarassed

I've updated the download already, but if you want, you can just comment out the following line in the includes/nukeSEO_SB.php:
Code:
#   $mynuketitle = htmlentities(urlencode($mynuketitle));

It doesn't require HTML entities and it's already urlencoded below that. In the updated download, I moved the urlencode call out of the nukeSEO SB function call so it's clearer (and, no longer duplicated!).

I'm sorry , but this does not solve the problem. First tried to comment out the line, then just downloaded and installed again.. but still the "+" between the words in the title. You have the same problem here on the implementation on your site...

if you do the digg this for the article on your homepage you get nukeSEO+Social+Bookmarking+for+PHPNuke

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

Strange. I checked this site just now with both FF and IE (just to be safe) and both worked fine with digg. I can show you screen shots if you like. It did have that problem earlier today before I updated it.

It does have the + in the link, but when you click the link, the bookmarking site decodes it correctly (except for blinklist). I tested all the others, too, and they appear fine.

toxictoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

Solved ! Thanks..

I was only looking at the mouse hover on the article. In the social bookmark site it is indeed correct !

Thanks for the prompt reply !

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing out the issue!

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: nukeSEO Social Bookmarking for PHPNuke Reply with quote

Excellent mod mate, well done!!
We are using at our site and you know how picky I am Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: