nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changes to keywords - error in header

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malrock
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: changes to keywords - error in header Reply with quote

Hi all-

have been trying to do changes to keywords etc - I erased a series of keywords and overwrote some of the one that were in the default list and the following code appeared at the header position on my site!

<?php /************************************************************************/ /* PHP-NUKE: Web Portal System */ /* =========================== */ /* */ /* Copyright (c) 2002 by Francisco Burzi */ /* http://phpnuke.org */ /* */ /* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */ /* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */ /* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License. */ /************************************************************************/ if (stristr(htmlentities($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), "meta.php")) { Header("Location: ../index.php"); die(); } // Get functions global $sitename, $slogan; $ThemeSel = get_theme(); ################################################## # Include for Meta Tags generation # ################################################## $metastring = "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; $metastring .= "\n"; ############################################### # DO NOT REMOVE THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LINE! # # YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE NOR EDIT THIS. # ############################################### // IF YOU REALLY NEED TO REMOVE IT AND HAVE MY WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION CHECK: http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Commercial_License // PLAY FAIR AND SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE! $metastring .= "\n"; echo $metastring; ?>

www.verticalresources.org

Sad

why would this have happened?

help please

malrock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: changes to keywords - error in header Reply with quote

I've deleted all the default keywords and only added one

mountaineering

when I add a keyword I get the following
Content-Type not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
EXPIRES not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RESOURCE-TYPE not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
DISTRIBUTION not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
AUTHOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
COPYRIGHT not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
KEYWORDS not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
REVISIT-AFTER not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RATING not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
GENERATOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded

and the same error is still in the header of the site ...

I live in a land of confusion ...

malrock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: changes to keywords - error in header Reply with quote

Hmmm

Had a look at my meta.php and meta2.php files and what seems to be happening is that it SEO changes the
<?php
at the start of the file into random code ...

which was why i was getting the code in the header before.

however I am still not sure that the module is working correctly

I would like to add keywords such as
mountaineering
ice climbing etc etc etc

I have used the add categories section and managed to get certain kew wordings in but the when using the analyse meta tags function they do not appear ....

any help / advice greatfully appreciated !

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: changes to keywords - error in header Reply with quote

The warning messages are just that - warning messages. It means that there is no guarantee that the META tags are valid, but that is normally not a problem.

As for the header issue, that's a new one. My initial suggestion would be to backup the includes/meta.php file that came with your distribution, then replace it with the meta2.php that came with nukeSEO. Make sure you also have a meta2.php file in your includes directory, and that both have meta and meta2 have permissions set so that they can be written.

Finally, make sure you have no apostrophes or other punctuation in your keywords and try again.

malrock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: changes to keywords - error in header Reply with quote

It seems to be fixed now ....

I tried a few erases of the keywords and adding them in which produced the error in the meta.php file
<?php
was replaced with

"garbage" php

this also occured with the end of the php file
?> had garbage in it's place

So I replaced changed the gargabe back to <? and ?> n both files then redid the changes to keyword / discription etc etc and it seems to be working fine now - or at least i have no error messages

analyse meta tags displays the info I've put in however the keyword density tool doesn't seem to show any decent results

[url]=http://www.gorank.com/analyze.php?url=http://www.verticalresources.org/&keyword=Submit=Analyze+Page]follow this link[/url]

[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: