nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sitemap - download link errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malrock
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: sitemap - download link errors Reply with quote

I'm being told that I have errors in my sitemap after google has parsed it.

an example of the error is
Invalid URL
This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.

URL:www.verticalresources.org/modules.php?...wnloaddetails&ttitle=Snow Belays&lid=32
Parent tag:url
Tag:loc

The actual link is
www.verticalresources.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle=Snow Belays&lid=32

the clicking link in google webmaster tools comes up as
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/www.verticalresources.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle=Snow%20Belays&lid=32

Besides removing the links in the sitemap itself I'm not sure how to get rid of the errors or indeed why the errors are occurring??

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: sitemap - download link errors Reply with quote

What is the setting for your PHP-Nuke url in admin, preferences?

malrock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: sitemap - download link errors Reply with quote

http://www.verticalresources.org/

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: sitemap - download link errors Reply with quote

Hi,

I checked your site and haven't seen this before. Not sure yet what's causing it, but I will check. Could you set up temporary FTP access so I can look at the files in your modules/Sitemap directory?

Also, I noticed that the downloads are not visible to non-registered users. If you don't want to include these in the Sitemap, you should be able to turn off Downloads in the Sitemap configuration.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: sitemap - download link errors Reply with quote

This post was deleted when the server crashed and was restored from backup:

This might be the problem. If you are comfortable editing code, find this around line 26 in the modules/Sitemap/content/Downloads.php file:
Code:
      return $this->formatGoogleURL($url['host'].$url['path'].'?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle='.$result['title'].'&lid='.$result['rid']);

and change it to this:
Code:
      return $this->formatGoogleURL($url['scheme'].'://'.$url['host'].$url['path'].'?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle='.$result['title'].'&lid='.$result['rid']);

If you aren't comfortable changing the code, send a PM with FTP details and I'll change it and test it for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: