nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

right mouse button not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benson
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed nukeWYSIWYG_2_3_2 in Raven phpNuke v2.02.02 and I have the following problem:

All popup menus like color, font etc. are not showing up and in the editor field I can not use the right button any more (e.g. right button on an image shows no menu).

It worked with the old version of the Editor and I did not change anything, I just copied the complete html/includes/FCKeditor contents and the html/includes/kses file.
The old files were renamed, so no old files should be found by the editor.

Best regards, Benson

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

A few questions:
- What browser are you using?
- Where are you running the editor (i.e. what type of content, adding or editing?)?
- On what type of image were you not able to change the properties?

My browser blocked popups, but after I allowed it, I was able to edit the image properties in an existing news story in FF 1.5.

benson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I use firefox 2.0.0.1 (on OpenSuse).
The type of image and the place where I try to edit something doesn't madder, I think. That is because the right mouse button does in none of these cases show anything.

For example, if I use the editor to edit (change) an existing article (news) and I go with the cursor through the text, I will see the font / style / etc. 'dropdown' contents changing, but I can not (never!) open these dropdown menus. Same for using the right button inside the text area of the editor, there is no menu, or let me say, there is absolutely no right mouse button functionality ... In all other parts of the screen I do have the normal right mouse menu ...

BTW, if I press the right button in top of an image, I can see that the browsers scrollbar at the bottom (for right - left scrolling) appears! I can move far to the right, but there is no other contents shown than the background color of my page ...

I think the menu is there, but somewhere outside of the browser? It should be attached to the mouse pointer or to the dropdown, but not hanging around 'somewhere out of browser'?

I am using an older version of 'overlib', could that be a problem ?

Thanx, Benson

comment: It is not related to overlib, I checked it right now. The menus still appears somewhere in top of the page ...

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

I think it must be specific to Linux / OpenSuse. We should open an problem report with the developers of FCKeditor. I wish I could provide more useful information, but I'm only able to test Windows browsers right now (I tested FF 1.5 & 2.0, IE 6.0 and 7.0). I have a virtual server with multiple Linux distributions, but haven't had time to set it up for testing.

benson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I tested it on ravennuke.com (submit news) and it works there !?

raennuke.com:

my site gebiet51.de:

As you can see, on my site the 'dropdown' menu is not near to the mouse / button, but somewhere in the top of the page. Same if I press right mouse button on e.g. a picture inside the text area of the editor ... ?

i switched of my css file, also without any success, therefore I do not think it is related to my theme ?

Best regards, Benson

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Not sure about this, because I know nothing about the FCKEditor itself, but maybe try removing that directory entirely and then re-uploading. I just wonder if there is something lef-over that could still be somehow conflicting.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Benson,

Can you post a link to your site so I can test?

benson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I just tested it on Firefox running on WinXP, same result the box is hanging around somewhere above the mouse cursor.

My page is http://forum.gebiet51.de and you can try 'Beitrag schreiben' (Write article) in the left menu. It should be accessible also for guests.

As I said before, I renamed the entire directory and copied the contents found under directory html to the server.
(Not the directory extras/)
The file I used is 'nukeWYSIWYG_2_3_2.zip'.

By the way, same happens on my local installation ... ????

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

I checked your site and had the same results with FF 1.5 on Windows. My next guess is that there might be a conflict with Sommaire or some other JS that has been added (e.g. overlib) or the Gallery CSS. I would start by turning off the Gallery CSS that is displayed on this page (why?).

benson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I checked your site and had the same results with FF 1.5 on Windows. My next guess is that there might be a conflict with Sommaire or some other JS that has been added (e.g. overlib) or the Gallery CSS. I would start by turning off the Gallery CSS that is displayed on this page (why?).

Thanks for your help!

I checked it without any CSS, same problem, so I think it is not related to my CSS styles. The gallery2 CSS is used to display the 3 random gallery pics with a shadow and not only as flat pictures ...

BTW, if I use the editor in fullscreen mode, it works !?

Best regards, Benson

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

If it works in fullscreen mode, that's a strong indication that there is something else conflicting with it in regular mode.

What version of Sommaire are you using? I can download and test the .js files and .css files from your site, but it will take some time. Also, I remember seeing something about a configuration parameter to avoid conflicts - I'll look into that, too.

benson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: right mouse button not working Reply with quote

Hi,

Sommaire shows me version 2.1.1, but I'm not sure if I did any upgrades in the past ... I am waiting for the new version from Montego Scripts Smile

In fullscrren mode there is one more strange behavior. If I start it and at the same time there are right blocks shown on the page, the first right (top most) block is still working inside the textarea of fullscreen editor Question .

You can have a screenshot here http://fellpartner.de/file/benson/nukeWYSIWYG3.jpg

I will check what happens if I disable the Sommaire block and give you an information later...

Best regards, Benson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: