nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatGiant
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

I tried everything I could find here... nothing seems to work...

First the background.

My Site has very few modules active, basicaly it's just the Forum, and the NSN GR Downloads.

Yes, I installed the patch, twice...

Yes, I activated the module...

Yes, I already tried to disable all modules, and the Sitemap is still refused.

Yes, I saved the generated xml file, and sent it to my site, submited it and it was accepted...

Don't know what else to try...

This is the site:

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

Any help would be appreciated...

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

You shouldnt need to save the sitemap and send it to your site. The sitemap is created on-the-fly by the module.
Check to make sure you have no leading space at the beginning of the first line.

FatGiant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Quote:
Check to make sure you have no leading space at the beginning of the first line.

Of what file ?

I only send the Sitemap to test it... After several atempts with the module created one...

I checked the names of the links, some had "illegal" characters, but I have a doubt, is this a illegal one : ?

In the forum some users placed topics with quotes and double quotes, it's almost impossible to edit each one...should I ?

I opted to re-send the Sitemap, excluding the Forum Module, and the result was the same...

Thankyou for your answer, if you could ellaborate a bit further telling me in wich file(s) I should look for the leading space...Smile

I read in some post here, that SEO it's a journey not a destination, I agree with that, but I really made a very bad choice of roads... Laughing

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Is the sitemap you submitted to Google using this link: http://legendasso.portaisvivos.net/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

I validated it using http://www.smart-it-consulting.com/internet/google/submit-validate-sitemap/index.htm and it looks OK. If Google did not validate it, what information did it provide?

FatGiant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Only,

"Unsupported File Format" nothing else...

I did a few tests also, and everything checked. I submited the xml file, and that way was recognized with no problem...

Guardian mentioned some spaces at the beginning of some files, but I don't know wich files...

Thankyou for your answer...

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Which URL was unsupported? If it did not have the modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google, that would explain it.

FatGiant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

The Sitemap was sent with the correct address, multiple times also...

The error is allways the same.

Accessing the Sitemap in the browser and saving it to xml and then sending it to google, produces no errors.

So, the problem can be in the module.

If possible can someone tell me in what files to search for the leading spaces problem ?

Thanks

FatGiant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Problem solved..........

Don't ask me how... I just re-wrote the address, EXACTLY as it was before.... and this time it was accepted with no problems...

Thanks to all.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Thanks for the follow up.

aamato
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

I am receiving exactly the same error with the sitemap:

http://www.checkup.med.br/nuke/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

the Free Google SiteMap XML Validator and Submitter says:

Schema validating with XSV 2.10-1 of 2005/04/22 13:10:49

Schema validator crashed

The maintainers of XSV will be notified, you don't need to
send mail about this unless you have extra information to provide.
If there are Schema errors reported below, try correcting
them and re-running the validation.

* Target: http://www.checkup.med.br/nuke/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google
(Real name: http://www.checkup.med.br/nuke/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google
Server: Apache)
* The target was not assessed

Low-level XML well-formedness and/or validity processing output

Error: Expected whitespace after public id
in unnamed entity at line 1 char 63 of http://www.checkup.med.br/nuke/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

I donĀ“t what to do

Thanks

aamato

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

This usually results from having blank space in a file like mainfile.php or modules.php. There could be others, but these are the usual culprits.

aamato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

both my files mainfile and modules.php had blank spaces, but even after correcting this I received the same error

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

Were any other files modified? You might also check header.php and includes/javascript.php.

aamato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

header.php had a blank space, but yet not working.
Now I receive an error in line 254, but this line is:
<lastmod>2006-12-11T13:12:40-03:00</lastmod>

I receive an invalid date!

Thanks again

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sitemap Error - Unsupported Format Reply with quote

I think we posted something about disabling the time - it seems Google doesn't like certain time zones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: