nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot modify key words

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkap
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

I have installed your wonderfull module onto a site running rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.02_FULL. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception that I cannot modify anything in the meta tag/keyword research/edit page. I have permissions set to 644.

Thanks, Kevin

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Hello!

Make sure that includes/meta.php and includes/meta2.php both have at least 666. You'll need to be able to write that file when editing meta tags.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

I will try that, you might want to change the instructions.

1. Upload the contents of the html directory to your PHP-Nuke directory.
2. Set the permissions for both includes/meta.php and includes/meta2.php to 644.
3. Log on as an administrator, and set the Sitemap configuration
(this automatically creates a configuration table)
4. Activate the Sitemap module.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Tried that, still cannot delete the default keywords. I am sorta new to this. Is the default meta-keyword page, it is supposed to be changed to meet the users site, correct? There are some 141 keywords in there and none of them have anything to do with my site. Is there some sort of how to for this module?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll look into that.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

On the research and edit meta tags function, the first box (name keywords - which is not input capable) shows what the current meta tags are. Further down below that is a list of the keywords.

First, click the Remove Duplicates button, which eliminates duplicates from the list of keywords (search engines treat this as keyword spamming).

On the keyword list, you can overwrite keywords with your own. If you select the check boxes to the left of the key words, you can click the Delete Selected button to remove them.

If you need more keywords, you can add to the list by entering a keyword in the blank input box above the keywords and clicking the Add button. You can also add keywords based on your topics, categories, etc., by selecting the dropdown to the right of the add button, and clicking the Add Category button.

The priority column isn't stored anywhere - it's mainly used for sorting the keywords.

The four icons to the right (Nichebot, Wordtracker, Overture and Rank by Keyword) can be used to help decide which keywords you want to use on your site.

Once you've changed everything you want to change, click the Save button which write the current meta tags and keywords to the includes/meta.php after copying the previous meta.php to includes/meta2.php.

Does that help?

kevinkap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Yes sir,
I was wading through it as you replied. It appears that if using the select all tab, in either ff or ie, it does not delete them. I can however select them one at a time and delete them. however now I get this error.

During Save the following warnings were found

Content-Type not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
EXPIRES not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RESOURCE-TYPE not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
DISTRIBUTION not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
AUTHOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
COPYRIGHT not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
KEYWORDS not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
REVISIT-AFTER not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
RATING not been validated as no validation rules have been coded
GENERATOR not been validated as no validation rules have been coded

I think I say this on another post, I will check and see.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Yes, those are just warning that indicate that the editor doesn't do validation. I plan to disable that in the next release since it causes too much confusion.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Did you select all, then delete selected?

kevinkap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

it would let me select, then deselect. but no select all then delete. So those errors actually mean nothing that I need to change?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot modify key words Reply with quote

Hi, yes thats correct.
The editor is just displaying a warning that it cannot edit those.
I beleive from an earlier post that kguske is removing that part in the next version to avoid confusion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: