nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can i confirm that google is using sitemap?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedroarez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

I have added sitemap of my site to google last week, but when i search in google inside my site i get nothing...
Does the sitemap module needs to be visible ?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

First, the Sitemap module has to be active and visible to the public. Next, when you submit the sitemap to Google, it gives you a status of what it's reading.

pedroarez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

but still it doesent work.

srhh
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

Did you sign up for an account at Google?
I can log into my Google account and see when Google last downloaded and read the SiteMap and the last time Google indexed my site along with a bunch of other stats. It will also tell me if there are any errors in the SiteMap which is preventing it from being read.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=sitemaps&nui=1&continue=https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/siteoverview%3Fhl%3Den&hl=en

Last edited by srhh on Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
srhh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

You do have to have an account setup with Google in order for it to work. (This is covered in the documentation for NukeSEO)
Google has to verify you are the owner of the site in order to start using your SiteMap. (Otherwise, what a disaster that might be if anyone could submit a sitemap!!)

srhh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

Or if you've already done all that, and no errors are showing for your SiteMap, it can take Google awhile to index everything. Noone is really sure of the time table Google uses to index things. Maybe its ruled by the phases of the moon or hundreds of trained monkeys pushing buttons at random...who knows.

I've had my SiteMap up for a couple months and things are just now starting to get rolling. You may want to use the other opitmization tools to make sure your site is"Google-friendly" as a SiteMap will not alone guarantee this. You need to make sure your robots.txt is good, the meta tags are in order, the keywords are relevent, have good backlinks (which is probably the most important, imho) etc etc.
Wink

srhh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

And as I've seen written on this site before, SEO is a journey not a destination. In other words, its a step by step thing that you need to constantly be on top of and improving.

Ok I'm done repling now.

For real.

Rolling Eyes

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: How can i confirm that google is using sitemap? Reply with quote

srhh wrote:
SEO is a journey not a destination.

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: