nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aseitz
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

Hey Kguske,

Can you lend me a hand with NSN News 2.00 rc2? I want to integrate fck into it, as it already is with the rest of my RavenNuke76 2.02.02 site.

I have not made any changes to the NSN-News files, so if you want me to send you the files I can, but it's just a vanilla NSN-News distro.

Cheers!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

I'll take a look. I don't think it will be too difficult.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I'll take a look. I don't think it will be too difficult.

You are my hero Smile

I don't suppose you also know how to make it use my html allowed list in my site config.php instead of using that built in html_strip() thingy?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

I can look at that, too. It'll take a while as I have a lot on my plate right now. But I submitted ideas for several enhancements to it, too. I'd love to get to that, too...it's all about time.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I can look at that, too. It'll take a while as I have a lot on my plate right now. But I submitted ideas for several enhancements to it, too. I'd love to get to that, too...it's all about time.

Thank You Kguske, you are the man.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

just ooc ... any timeline on the thing? Just kicking some other ideas around for Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! and I think if this is gonna take a while, I will get started on those. Wink

Aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

How goes the coversion? Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

Getting closer, but probably a week or two away.

I posted a question at RavenPHPScripts to see what additional functionality people wanted in NSN News since there are a few things (e.g. WYSIWYG) that would make it even better than it already is... There's been a little feedback, but mostly just interest in making what I posted work...

Aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Getting closer, but probably a week or two away.

I posted a question at RavenPHPScripts to see what additional functionality people wanted in NSN News since there are a few things (e.g. WYSIWYG) that would make it even better than it already is... There's been a little feedback, but mostly just interest in making what I posted work...

I would really like to see it NOT strip all my html ... or atleast use the config.php file to determine which html to strip. Though I already requested that above... Wink

And a fun mod would be if every time a new article was submitted it created a related forum entry for discussion of the news article.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

I'll check it to see if it's using different functions for stripping the HTML when I add the WYSIWYG function.

Re: the auto creation of a forum topic, do you mean instead of allowing comments, or in addition?

Aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I'll check it to see if it's using different functions for stripping the HTML when I add the WYSIWYG function.

Re: the auto creation of a forum topic, do you mean instead of allowing comments, or in addition?

Good question ... maybe set it as an option so people could turn on one or both features. Smile

I would say if it has to be one, make it both. Smile

Aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

You know what? I did find of a bug ...

When you submit a news article under NSN News it does show on the administration block as a waiting article (even though it is).

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

That's because NSN News uses a different table for storing unapproved articles. There should be a reference in the modifications / edits for core files to change that.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
That's because NSN News uses a different table for storing unapproved articles. There should be a reference in the modifications / edits for core files to change that.

gotcha, I'll have to look that up and make the changes.

I'm guessing the same is true of NSN Downloads? Because it behaves the same.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: NSN News 2.00 rc2 and FCK Reply with quote

In case someone searches for help with this and stumbles across this article, here is the code to enable NSN Downloads on your Waiting Content Block.

Edit mainfile.php
Find function adminblock()
Find and replace:
Code:

$num = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_nsngd_new"));
$brokend = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_nsngd_mods WHERE brokendownload='1'"));
$modreqd = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_nsngd_mods WHERE brokendownload='0'"));
$content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong>&nbsp;<a href=\"".$admin_file.".php?op=DownloadNew\">"._UDOWNLOADS."</a>: $num<br>";
$content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong>&nbsp;<a href=\"".$admin_file.".php?op=DownloadModifyRequests\">"._MODREQDOWN."</a>: $modreqd<br>";
$content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong>&nbsp;<a href=\"".$admin_file.".php?op=DownloadBroken\">"._BROKENDOWN."</a>: $brokend<br></span>";
themesidebox($title, $content);

I'll post the NSN News Solution once I have that one too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: