nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynamic Meta tags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dconnor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out how i can program dynamic meta (mainly discription) for my site.

I see it is listed in the survey on this site as a possable feature for nukeSEO 2.0, will that be a reality?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

Yes, but the question is when...there are some other higher priorities at the moment.

Duke
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

Is there some information on the benefits of "dynamic meta" that I can get my greedy little hands on.

Quite honestly, this is the firts I've ever heard of them Embarassed

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

PHP-Nuke uses an included file called meta.php to define META tags. At the moment, it uses the same tags for ALL pages, making search engine optimization more difficult. The primary concern here is the keywords META tag, since the keywords for the site are usually not optimized for a specific module or page.

The concept of dynamic META tags has to do with using different META tags on different pages. Our approach in nukeSEO 2.0 will be to have the ability to optionally specify META tags by module, as opposed to generating keywords based on the content of the page (unless we come up with a better method for generating them based on the content of the page). Though some believe there is little benefit to META keywords, many search engines do use them.

Furthermore, some modules use dynamic TITLE tags, although many use a default title tag, similar to the default META tags. There is already a tweak that addresses this.

dirtbag
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

yeah i think this makes a big difference as one of the big things is search engines go by the Title of the Page and PHPnuke uses a couple of variables but basically all your pages are the same and its no good.. I started messing with it manually as it just 3 variables for the most part and just put them right above the header.php in the module. i did a couple of modules like my NEWS and DOWNLOADS and the new ones already come up to the top.. i seen a difference with the correct article or download

Code:
        ##################################################

### CONTROL THE PAGE TILE DIRTBAG TWEAK
       global $name,$sitename;
   $sitename = "$title";
   $name = "Mixed Martial Arts Pride UFC Ultimate Fighting News";
        $pagetitle = "Whatever"
require("header.php");

like go look at the ARTICLE below and look at the TITLE of the PAGE

http://www.subfighter.com/article-2305-nested-0-0.html

here is one in my downloads

http://www.subfighter.com/digitalgooddetailed-2171.html

this work much better then it showing the same old sitename and then the module name then sometimes a custom Page Title..

i tested this just a couple of days and i seen big difference in the search engine as the links are correct... because i seen many links when i do a search it pulls up a wrong page for it... when using google or yahoo..

dirtbag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

the next thing is to figure out the Forums so all the TOPICS are shown first in the TITLE.. as the FORUM module was bit harder as i was having touble figuring it out getting it to work..

stefvar
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

Hello,

I made a mod concerning the meta dynamic tag. You can if to wish it to you to try him in download him on my site. If you wish to use it for the version 2.0 of Nukeseo, there is no problem concerning me.

Cordially.

dirtbag

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

you have the a link to the mod that you can post here.. does it just do it meta tags or does in also include the PAGE TITLE?

thanks
rick

stefvar

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

Hello, the downloading is available on this address Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! (Required member).
Speaking English that only through a translator, the support is assured only in French language. Sorry Wink .

THoTH
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

You could do it like I've done it, and check to see if meta.php exists in individual forum folders, and use that if it is, if not use a default one. Thats a good way of using different keywords for each module, although at http://slaytanic.dk he's solved that one more elegantly with a dynamic keywords module.

I think that's the url, or you can go to sourceforge and search on slaytanic. Hope that helps Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

That's similar to the approach we'll take in nukeSEO, though the title, META description and keywords won't be hard-coded in the meta.php. Instead, the logic will be defined in classes for each type of content.

THoTH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

That sounds like a much better approach, my coding skills are only above the novice stage really, which is why I've gone for the hard coded keywords etc.

slaytanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

I have created the dynamic keywords addon a long time ago. Recently i released final version of the addon and soon i will release 1.1.0 that will also include the ability to set dynamic description (not just keywords).

You can take a look at http://slaytanic.sourceforge.net
feedbacks always welcome....

THoTH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Meta tags Reply with quote

I just grabbed the latest version, yep thats the one for me ! Nice and straightforward to use, I had to alter the call to it slightly so that it didn't grab keywords and descriptions from the forums, I already had some other code in place to do that dynamically.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: