nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nukeSPAM update
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pointed out switching from UTF-8 as RN has not been fully verified to work with that, and you might experience other issues in addition to this. If you were able to successfully install RN and haven't seen any issues yet, you may be able to use it without other issues. Please let the RN team know if you have other issues that might be related to using UTF-8, as we are working on that for the next release.

neralex
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course, and i have some things written in raven's forum to this issues. I have modified all modules, what i need to work with UTF-8 incl. the Forums module - it works fine. My News Mod and Weblinks Mod using the needed filters and working with UTF-8, too.

I know, Palbin works hard on the UTF-8 requirement and i'm looking forward to the next release.

BTW I'm neralex and have here an account with this name but i can not resend a new pw for my account on this site. Thats it, why i'm using a second nickname.

Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like, I can reset your password and email account on neralex, and combine this account into that (which will take longer).

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be cool! I want back my neralex account with the email-addy from the dextar account.

Edit: thank you!! Wink

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exists an FAQ for the settings of nukeSPAM?

Its an horrible tour to install it and the small FAQ in the hovers are not so cool. The code looks confused with an mix of double quotes, if error reporting is enabled after a install you get a big list of php errors with undefinded indexes, before you save the config the first time and the jquery min script are loaded doubled, the jquery folder looks like a trashcan. Sorry, but I hope the next release comes as real full version.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its an horrible tour to install it and the small FAQ in the hovers are not so cool. The code looks confused with an mix of double quotes, if error reporting is enabled after a install you get a big list of php errors with undefinded indexes, before you save the config the first time and the jquery min script are loaded doubled, the jquery folder looks like a trashcan. Sorry, but I hope the next release comes as real full version.

Although I'm a little confused by some of your complaints, I'll try to address them:
- overall: I freely admit that nukeSPAM isn't as polished as it could be from a code / documentation standpoint. However, it is definitely a fully-functional release that includes a great deal of features not included in previous products. The amount of spam registrations prior to its release encouraged me to release it as early as possible, and the impact has been significant for many who use it.
- settings explanations: I'll review the hover text and consider adding a FAQ for the settings. Any specific suggestions you have that might make things easier to understand are appreciated. If not, specific questions about things that are confusing will also help.
- I'll look into the PHP errors and the use of double quotes, though that will be last on the priority list since neither affects the functionality. Thank you for pointing it out, though.
- jquery folder:I include the minified and non-minified versions of javascripts in case a webmaster prefers to use one or the other. Clearly, you'd prefer to have only those that are used. Can you offer a constructive suggestion on how to handle that or point me to an example of including minified and full-source scripts in a way that is acceptable to you?

Maybe you had trouble installing / configuring nukeSPAM or just had a bad day - either one is unfortunate, but I've found that it's generally better to request improvements in an encouraging way, rather than simply listing complaints. After all, a tremendous amount of research, work, testing and more, by multiple people, went into delivering this fully functional open source product.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bad day. I had an complicated try to make an clear install of nukeSPAM.

No matter what one writes, one of you will point out to write a clean code and to improve stiff, even if it does not affect the functionality.

If i try to install an full released script and i must check all php-files, to see what is going on, because i get php errors, ist the first point what isn't helpful. If i see than an mixed code with things that going in other directions as a clean code, then i must wondering. In the core code of RN 25 you can't found entities filters. All modules are written with htmlspecialchars filters. So i must replace all entities filter, if i use an utf-8 database. You are using strip_tags, why not the function check_html with the nohtml attribute?

nukeSPAMConfig.php:

Code:
if ($op == 'nukeSPAMSaveConfig') {

$baseMatch = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($baseMatch, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);
   $spamTheme = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($spamTheme, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);
   $keyfSpamList = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($keyfSpamList, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);
   $keyStopForumSpam = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($keyStopForumSpam, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);
   $keyBotScout = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($keyBotScout, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);
   $keyProjectHoneyPot   = htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($keyProjectHoneyPot, 'nohtml'), ENT_QUOTES);

You have lot of unused jquery scripts in the jquery folder. Is it here not better to put all unused files in the extras folder with a little notice? I had to check all scripts, whether they are used by nukeSPAM really.

For example in the config section, nukeSPAM loads the jquery min file in two times. In RN25 exists an global include of the jquery min and with nukeSPAM was loaded the same script again.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that only the used scripts should be in the jQuery folder, and will put them in an Extras folder on future releases. Not only is this less confusing for cases like yours, but having fewer files on a web server can also be a benefit.

I'll check the double loading, but just to clarify, it isn't actually loading it more than once. It checks before adding it to the array. When I developed the dynamic approach for RavenNuke for loading scripts without having to change code, allowing module developers to load jQuery in the module was necessary to support other Nuke distributions and earlier versions of RN. Still, it shouldn't be loaded twice in the same module, so I'll look into that.

UTF-8 compliance will require more effort, and is definitely on the schedule for the next release. As I mentioned before, the issues that you've identified already provide useful input into areas that need to be addressed. We're hoping to include nukeSPAM in the next release, but if I can address the UTF-8 issues before the release, I might release an updated nukeSPAM separately.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fine.

Another question:

For what is it needed to set date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); in the nukeSPAM.php? Its override the seetings in my php.ini for the complete RN, because the nukeSPAM.php is included in the functions.php of Your_Account, the functions.php is included in the jquery.php and the jquery.php is included in the header.php of RN25. So i get an timezone override. I'm using Europe/Berlin as timezone. I have set now my timezone in the nukeSPAM.php, too. But is it really needed?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't needed if it's specified in your php.ini.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next release will include logic to detect if date_default_timezone_set has been set, and a configuration option to override the default.

That's the good thing about open source - feedback and suggestions help make good products even better.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neralex, you might be able to use something like this
Code:

if (@ini_get('date.timezone') == '') {
   date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');
}
setlocale(LC_TIME, $locale . '.UTF-8', $locale . '.UTF8', $locale);
setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,'C');
setlocale(LC_CTYPE, 'C');

This code is what we are using for RN 3.0 within mainfile.php to make sure there is at least *something* set as a default timezone if the server has not been configured with a default one. We will probably modify that code before RN 3 is released because I personally think it should be a site configuration option.
In my own case, my server is located in America and therefore has a default timezone for where the server is located but I would prefer to use the timezone where I live, which is GMT +1 or CET +1

neralex

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a fresh install of RN251 ( charset = ISO & db = UTF-8 ) i have downloaded the nukeSPAM package again and have tried a new install of nukeSPAM. Unfortunately, i get the same issue with max key length and the issue with your recommended 'LIMIT 0 INTO @x' sql-statement ist still alive.

Code:
May 19, 2013, 2:27 pm File: F:\wamp\www\raven251\db\mysqli.php - Line: 201

Code: 1071 - Message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
SQL was: CREATE TABLE `nuke_spam_log` ( `slid` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY , `request` CHAR(6) NOT NULL , `username` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, `email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL , `ip` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL , `matched` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL , `added` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL , `count` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL , INDEX ( `request` ), INDEX ( `username` , `email` , `ip` ), INDEX ( `email` , `ip` ), INDEX ( `ip` , `email` ) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
 remote addr: 127.0.0.1

Now i have played a little bit with your array $createSQL[] in the admin index.php and have deleted the last INDEX statements like this:

Code:
      $createSQL[] = 'CREATE TABLE `' . $prefix . '_spam_log` (

`slid` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ,
         `request` CHAR(6) NOT NULL ,
         `username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL ,
         `email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL ,
         `ip` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,
         `matched` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL ,
         `added` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
         `count` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL
         ) ENGINE=MyISAM;';

Now it works without to change the VARCHAR value for usernames from 255 to 25, as you had recommended it to me in the past. For what you need here the INDEX statements?

I got a issue with your tabs in the admin index, because i have put my all my jQuery scripts at the end of the body. I have seen you are using a jQuery function in the body area to call the tabs in the nukeSPAMConfig.php with a function-call.

Code:
echo '

<script>
   $(function() {
      $( "#tabs" ).tabs({cookie:{}});
   });
   </script>
';

I know its a 'perfect world' issue but in my case no longer worked the tabs because the jQuery-min is loaded later as your jQuery function. So i have it changed to:

Code:
$nsconfjs = '<script>' . PHP_EOL

. '   $(function() {' . PHP_EOL
        . '      $( "#tabs" ).tabs({cookie:{}});' . PHP_EOL
        . '   });' . PHP_EOL
        . '</script>' . PHP_EOL;
addJSToBody($nsconfjs, 'inline');

kguske

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since an index will be generated, if possible, on-demand, the only purpose of an index is performance.

The user table has a 255-character username, but since this is limited to 25 characters in RN, there is no need to support that large size in the spam log. Reducing the size of the username attribute addresses the UTF-8 index issue without the performance "hit" of removing the index.

Regarding the tabs issue, just curious - what is the benefit from (or requirement for) loading jQuery scripts at the end of the body? Is it also performance? Does that impact the scripts, or other scripts, functionality?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSPAM (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Page 3 of 5

Jump to: