nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Understanding nukeSEO DH storage techniques

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Understanding nukeSEO DH storage techniques Reply with quote

Hi guys I was wondering if you could explain your storage Techniques and save me some time with further exploration to decipher its methods?

This Much I have figured out:

You store the Meta content descriptors in dh_master and the content values in dh.

In dh I see the following fields (not counting the obvious title and metavalue etc):

dhid (simple table autoinc obviously)
levelsort - What does this mean and how is it determined?
id - Also what does this mean and how is it determined?
mid - Master id (ie keyword meta value = 21)

Can you explain the parts unknown for me?

Any help is appreciated.

Duck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think I get it now the Level Sort is predefined by the system bassed on Module right? And the id is on a first come first serve basis as an page id type thing.

Can you give me the list of Predefined Level Sort numbers? Thanks.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duck,

It would help to understand your goal / what you want to accomplish so this could be explained in that context. You can find an overview Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! (look at the Tag Generation Levels).

The _seo_dh_master table contains a record for each defined HEAD section tag (e.g. title, META). Overrides to the value for each of these attributes can be defined at the 5 tag generation levels, and these overrides are defined in the _seo_dh table, where the levelsort attribute identifies the tag generation level.

In the _seo_dh_master table, ID is incrementally assigned by the database and is used to uniquely identify a record. It is the primary key in the _seo_dh_master table. In the _seo_dh table, ID identifies the level that corresponds to the levelsort. For example, levelsort 3 is category, so the _seo_dh ID for an override defined at this level corresponds to the category ID.

DHID serves a similar purpose for the _seo_dh table. The MID attribute in the _seo_dh table links to the ID in the _seo_dh_master table. By default, _seo_dh_master ID 1 is the <title> tag.

MID corresponds to a specific HEAD section value, as defined in the _seo_dh_master table (i.e. _seo_dh.mid => _seo_dh_master.id).

The _seo_dh TITLE attribute identifies the module. This might seem confusing, but it corresponds to the module name in the _modules table, where it's also named "title."

Example
So, if News category 2 is "RavenNuke", an _seo_dh record with LEVELSORT = 3, TITLE = News and ID = 2 and mid = 1 represents a News module RavenNuke category override of the TITLE tag.

If the override does not exist at this level, nukeSEO DH will generate the tag at this level, and if not sufficient, will use higher level tags (in this case, a module level and / or site level title override).

Does this example help clarify?

Palbin
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is looking for help converting to another CMS http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postp158009.html#158009

Duck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kguske - Excellent Explanation Thanks!
I have been outta town for a couple weeks and haven't had time to tackle this yet but your insight will help a lot!

@Palbin - Don't sound so bitter, you of all people should know there comes a time when one must move on to bigger and better things! hehe

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Pablin is bitter - just providing context to your question (which definitely helped). And, the RN team is discussing many of Palbin's great ideas to make RavenNuke better.

Duck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry I am just riding him. Palbin is a great guy. Hardest working Nuke Developer around as far as I am concerned. It is I who is more bitter than he to lose such a great worker to another project but in the end it is better because there are more developers there contributing than what he had to work with before. Nuke will always have a place in my heart for sure. I just am happy to find something more advanced to work with finally that better suits many of my needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: