nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with 7.6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newuser
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

Is there a simple way to add the calls in PHPnuke 7.6? Im not very good at this, but I think I have pretty much deleted most of the crappy TinyMCE.

I installed everything from the html folder and commented out the MCE stuff in the JS file.

Problem is, I dont really grasp how to actually turn on the editor. I have tried to add what is in the read me but I always get blank pages. I only really need it for Submit News, but I would like to know how to easily add it for something in the future. Thanks for all your hard work. This is so much better then TinyMCE

P.S. Does it have to be a patched version or will it work without it? Honestly i dont know what version i have since mine is heavily modified. Thanks

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

It's usually a good idea to stay current on the patches. You should be able to add it without the patches, but I haven't tested that.

Did you make changes to mainfile.php and confg.php?

The blank pages are probably because there is a parsing error. If didn't make changes to your mainfile and config, send them and your modules/Submit_News/index.php and I'll set it up for you.

newuser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes I did the changes for main and config, but I wasnt sure if it was supposed to just take over all text areas like Tiny or if I needed to add stuff.

Let me know where to send them and I'll get it out. Also, do you think you could comment what you changed? I would love to know how to do it in the future! Thanks so much!

newuser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

I found your email in an old post and I sent you the file via Gmail. Thanks!

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

TinyMCE's ability to automatically replace a textarea is a benefit, but it also causes problems because there are some textareas you may not WANT to use an HTML editor, and you might also want to apply different levels of functionality (e.g. the ability to upload pictures to your server) depending on who's trying to use it.

The approach we took with nukeWYSIWYG was to only display the editor when appropriate and to support multiple levels of security. The downside is that it requires one line of PHP code to replace the HTML textarea tag. We've integrated it into most of the appropriate places in RavenNuke, and even added it to some addon modules, too.

newuser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

I see. Sounds good, but Im using just regular PHPnuke. Will it take heavy modification to add it where I want? I sent you the files to take a look at so let me know what you think. Thanks so much for your help. This place is great!

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

Just for clarification, you said you had removed most of the tinyMCE code from your phpNuke 7.6 installation - tinyMCE did not get introduced into the phpNuke core till after 7.6
Are you certain you are using 7.6 ?

newuser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

Thats the odd thing Guardian. I was almost certain it was 7.6 cause that is the version number I get when looking it up. Im thinking that someone tried to upgrade to 7.7 at some point (I have a lot of people working on my site) but I cant be sure. In any case, yes I have the TinyMCE and yes its terrible. Very Happy

Thanks

newuser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

any news on those files I sent kguske?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with 7.6 Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay. You should be receiving the updated files (very minor changes). Let us know if it works or if you have issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: