nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

make internet explorer more compliant and upto date?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GazJ
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: make internet explorer more compliant and upto date? Reply with quote

i have been poking around and stumbled upon this now i havent tryed it as i only use firefox, chrome or seamonkey im using the later atm but anyways i found this intresting it claims to fix many known html and css issues in ie any thoughts?

taken from the google code page for it
About
IE7.js is a JavaScript library to make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser. It fixes many HTML and CSS issues and makes transparent PNG work correctly under IE5 and IE6.

heres the link
http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really sad that one has to resort to this. Libraries all the way up to IE9! I just can't understand why MS can't get their head out of their you-know-what. The company is full of bright Software Engineers so the only conclusion one can make is that they simply don't want to be compliant.

Nice find though GasJ! However, not sure I'd put much effort into supporting IE versions below 7 now. I wonder if this behaves well with jQuery.

GazJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent tested it i have ie 8 installed i might see what its like in that n maybe uninstall ie and go down to ie6 for testing perposes ill post back once i tryed it Smile

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can force a newer browser to behave like an older one
Code:

meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"

All seems like a lot of hassle though and I don't why MS insist on putting it's own interpretation on markup standards, except for the fact they can because they have the most commonly used browsers (at the moment).

It gets interesting when you change the above snippet to Emulate Chrome when using IE Smile

Edited: code got stripped

GazJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that guardian saves me uninstalling, installing, uninstalling lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: