nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install nukeSEO In RN 2.40.01???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
transit
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Install nukeSEO In RN 2.40.01??? Reply with quote

So I was about to try following instructions from kguske...

Quote:
Hopefully, this was answered on Raven's site, but just in case someone else sees this here first:
- remove both meta.php and meta2.php from the includes directory
- copy meta2.php from your download distribution to the includes directory and rename to meta.php
- copy meta2.php again to your includes directory
- make both meta.php and meta2.php writeable (set permissions to 0777).
- Go to admin and change your met tags, then save and you should be set

But I noticed that their is no meta.php or meta2.php in the 2.40.01 includes installation? I am assuming that it worked for previous versions. A little update on doing it with the new build of RN anyone?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's correct - there is no meta.php or meta2php in RN 2.40.01. Those instructions are for installing nukeSEO 1.0 Beta with PHP-Nuke (primarily those with versions of meta.php that conflict with nukeSEO 1.0 Beta) and earlier versions of RN.

RN 2.40.01 includes nukeSEO DH, a completely new approach for generating META tags that supercedes nukeSEO 1.0 Beta. Although it doesn't have some of the research tools in nukeSEO 1.0, nukeSEO DH's dynamic generation of META tags based on the current page's content and ability to override those tags at multiple levels is significantly better than being able to override META tags only at the site level (as in nukeSEO 1.0 Beta).

We may add some additional features to nukeSEO DH in the future, and we may release it as a standalone for other versions of Nuke or even other PHP-based CMS applications. For now, there is much else to do with RN.

transit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply!

In your opinion are the order the metatags are pulled using the new DH system more effective than the old ranked system?

And most importantly, is there a sitemap imbedded in this DH, where do I point my google account if so?

Sorry about all the questions. This intergration is getting me a bit excited! Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the META tags are more effective than the old system - and, although there isn't currently an easy method for doing so (it's planned) you can add additional tags to database tables - without touching the code. This is useful for things like validating ownership for Google Apps, etc.

Although there is no sitemap in DH, you can use the sitemap module from nukeSEO 1.0 Beta, and we are working on integrating the sitemap into RN.

transit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so after I install this module into my 2.40.01 should I be careful about the settings I play with? I am assuming that the meta tag tables will still be in the admin control panel with the install. I dont want to screw anything up with the way the new DH system is working. Also should I skip copying over the meta2.php since its not even used in the latest RN?

I just want to have a clean install of the sitemap for now without screwing things up for the future. Any help would be appreciated! Thx!

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The settings in nukeSEO DH do not conflict with those in nukeSEO 1.0 Beta. The META tags for nukeSEO 1.0 Beta are actually stored in the includes/meta.php file, whereas those for nukeSEO DH are stored in the database.

The nukeSEO 1.0 Beta settings for which content should not be displayed in the sitemap are stored in the database, but in a different table.

You don't need to copy meta.php or meta2.php, but it won't hurt anything if you do.

sortilege2021
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, do you recomend use nukeSEO 1.0 Beta in 2.40.01?
if i want to have sitemap it's recommended use it?

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sitemap module should work fine in RN 2.40.1, but do the META tag editor should not be used as RN 2.40.1 has a much more powerful function: nukeSEO DH.

sortilege2021

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i will use only the folder sitemap

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll also need the admin folder (this creates a table that defines which modules to exclude from the sitemap). Once you visit the admin page, the table is created and you no longer need it (unless you want to maintain which modules to exclude from the sitemap).

sortilege2021

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much, i use the module without admin folder and it works fine. i will use the admin folder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: