nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Centering Nukenav

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper155
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Centering Nukenav Reply with quote

Im using the CT_RN theme and would like to know what code needs changed to center the nukenav menu. Right now you can take a look at my site and see that its starting on the left instead of being centered.

http://www.tysontalk.com/

Thanks,
Pat

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see nukeNAV (tm) probably because it's only visible to registered users but you should be able to center it easily enough if you look at the CSS used and adjust it accordingly.

Palbin
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not easy to do. The menu is floated left. But when logged in as an admin every bit of space is needed for the menu.

viper155

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I took it down as I didn't like the look of it. I tried messing with the css code but couldnt figure out exactly what to do.

I'm really not worried about what the menu looks like when logged in as a admin.

Ive seen float left but really what other option is there besides float left and float right?

hicux
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a good question. I also want to know.

Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the individual theme.
I think the style #menunav holds the outer div for the menu so you can try adjusting that. If you are using a fixed width theme you can apply padding, margin or maybe change the text-align setting to force it further out.
If your using a liquid width theme, you'll need to apply padding or margin as a percentage e.g. 33%

Because extra menu items appear when your logged in as an admin you might want to/need to apply two different outer wrapper style depending on if if is_admin($admin) - but you should only really need to do that in the very unlikely event it pushed the admin menu items too far off to the right.

GazJ
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open theme.php and look for
Code:
   <div>';

echo $nukeNAV;
   echo '</div>

and try wrapping it in <center>

it should be centered i can only think that its something you added along the wat of building your site ie css thats effected the ul alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeNAV (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: