nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some way to make additional/new admin tools show up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Need some way to make additional/new admin tools show up Reply with quote

It appears that the admin menu is completely hard-coded so that if I have an additional admin/modules/* tool, it doesn't show up.

For example, Sommaire has its own Menu applet up in the ACP, the site admin portion. I turned off my upper site admin section and then realized that I could then not manage my Sommaire menu.

I know that you have plans for more configurability of the menu, but I just wanted to make sure this specific nuance was known.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the current mechanism for displaying the admin menu is limited by design to display the link the in the format displayed on the admin page. We'll have to strip out that link to rebuild it with nukeNAV.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...it's done by a function. We can modify that function to use a global variable (or new parameter) to choose between traditional admin menu and nukeNAV, but it will need to support both on the admin page...

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite following just yet, but will as I try and work through my upgrade this morning. So, with that preface (i.e., don't know what I'm talking about yet - lol), I had added to rnconfig.php the additional switch which controls whether the traditional admin piece is displayed or not. Could that be used?

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin.php contains a function called adminmenu, which is called by the modules/(module)/admin/links.php script when it's included in admin.php.

Options?
- hard code
- override the adminmenu function in nukeNAV, but don't display admin menu on admin page
- modify the adminmenu function to support both nukeNAV and admin menu (this is essentially the approach used by NuNuke's Advanced Admin Index Status addon) and create a copy of this function to be used by nukeNAV if not on the admin page
- create a new file for the adminmenu function that can be included by both nukeNAV and adminmenu that has logic to support both

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... now I am following a bit better. Thanks! I'm not really in any rush, so no worries. I just wanted to get it "logged" for future consideration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeNAV (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: