nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feed doesn't work correctly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Feed doesn't work correctly Reply with quote

After installing Nuke Feed, it doesn't appear that I can edit it or change any settings in the configuration.

When I click on the icon in the admin menu, the forum and news feeds show up automatically. I don't use the forums so that one is not used.

When I click on the news feed preview, it shows up OK (images are all messed up because of the path).

If I click on the edit icon next to the feed, nothing happens.
If I click on configuration link, it brings up the config page where you can turn on feedburner. I turned it on, entered my feedburner address, and clicked save, but nothing happens and my newly input data doesn't save.

It doesn't seem like this module is working correctly at all.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has reported this problem, but if you PM admin account information for your site, I will take a look.

Rogue3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but I'm not sure about giving my admin info to a total stranger. I do appreciate the help. Smile

Rogue3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to not have images show up in feeds? Seems like of all the feeds I look at, mine is the only one that shows images.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding admin access, I understand. If it helps, you can see where I've done this for others in the forums here and at http://www.ravenphpscripts.com.

Having images in your feeds isn't a bad thing - many RSS readers can view HTML. The images come from whatever content is displayed. If your site's content has images in content that is displayed in the feed, the images will be visible in modern feed readers. You can always remove the images from the content, of course, but I'm not sure why you'd want that. There is no configuration in nukeFEED to disable that.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding editing the feed, does the edit icon Image have a link to something like admin.php?op=nfEditFeed&fid=2 ? What happens if you paste that link, with the appropriate feed ID that corresponds to the feed you'd like to edit, in your browser?

Rogue3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Regarding editing the feed, does the edit icon Image have a link to something like admin.php?op=nfEditFeed&fid=2 ? What happens if you paste that link, with the appropriate feed ID that corresponds to the feed you'd like to edit, in your browser?

It does have that icon. If I click it, the URL for that feed comes up, but the same page is displayed. So, in essense, nothing really happens.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange. If you have an .htaccess file in the Nuke root directory, rename it and try again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: