nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoffeeOD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion) Reply with quote

At least I think this has not been askes here. I have created 4-8 custom modules for phpnuke, .php-files (of course), they´re pretty much like normal html-pages (text, images & links). I tried to look example for content-folder but couldnt do it, so is there a easy way for this?

Linkin goes like modules.php?name=lyriikat&file=somefile and so on. Nothing in those custom modules are stored in database, if that helps.

Google finds only our news, forums and gallery but we have a lot more in our site, which doenst come up when searching google and I think they´re much help for our visitor.

Thanks and your nukeseo is greate script

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion) Reply with quote

How are the links to the files determined?
- from a database
- hard coded
- by looking at a directory of files

Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion) Reply with quote

Thanks for a great feature for phpnuke.

I was thinking about something similar as to what this person is talking about...

A suggestion could be the option to add titles/links manually. I don't know about you but I run a separate forum, and I also run a blog thing with the module for phpnuke that allowes you to run html inside phpnuke so it looks like a module and part of the site (I run an independant blog thing)

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion) Reply with quote

An interesting idea - to create a table of links for the sitemap. Wouldn't that be difficult if your blog had many links?

Qlof

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Add custom module to sitemap (little different guestion) Reply with quote

Yeah but for example, I could add a link to every blog. Since it wouldn't be updated automatically, I'd probably just add, for example:

Blogs

Sitename Blogs

Qlof's blog

kguske's blog

Forum

Forum section 1

Forum section 2

So there could be a control panel for adding links and headlines. I think this could be a very useful feature. Maybe it could then be possible to add links under already existing headlines aswell. I don't know if google even knows that a headline belongs to news or reviews etc. Just an idea...

An other problem I have is that we have reviews on my site. We decided to run them through the content module when we first started the site in 2002. We use the artist name as the title line and album name as the sub-title. So in the sitemap only the artist name is displayed. I'm guessing I could add the variable for subtitle in the nuke SEO coding and make it say "Artist - Album title". Not sure if I wanna mess with the code though. We might just add the album title into the first title line in the content manager.

I'm just saying this because I'm thinking it could be a cool idea to have an option to include subtitle for the content module. I don't really expect changes to be made because I would like them to be made, but if more people would find it useful...

MikeMc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a similar situation. I've created several modules and would like them added to the sitemap automatically when they are active and visible (i.e. WHERE active='1' AND inmenu='1'). Is their a way for it to "read" the modules folder and display the active and visible modules as well?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it does that (unless you've disabled the module in the nukeSEO admin). BUT, it only does that for the content classes that have been created to work with the sitemap. If you add a new content type, you can add it to the sitemap by creating the associated content type. It's usually pretty simple to do this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: