nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remove Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hicux
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Remove Please Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by hicux on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Xtreme V5 vs RavenNuke Simple Reply with quote

Let's set the record straight:
1. No one banned you from ravenphpscripts. You are free to post there, but don't expect posts that malign the work we do to be encouraged. If you are banned from that site, it's because you repeatedly violated the published policies there.
2. The problem with using the RavenNuke name is that it's trademarked. That means you aren't free to use it in your distribution without permission. This is a really simple concept that you don't seem to understand. You can use the code all you want, as long as you don't remove the credits.
3. Several tried to encourage you to work with us to add the things you think are necessary to RavenNuke, but you refused, saying you prefer to work alone.
4. Your distribution (and your site) violates several GPL licenses. For example, you removed the PHP-Nuke copyright and the CNBYA copyright, and you claim that you wrote phpBB and Lorkin's Emerald them (and probably a lot more). This is completely unacceptable.
5. You claim RN is based on an old Nuke - exactly what improvements over 7.6 does 8.1 have? Nothing that matters and it's less secure. None of the things you've added (mostly addons developed by others, and you don't even publicly give credit to those authors) are in 8.1 and would work fine with RavenNuke.
6. You submitted a story here without reading the submission guidelines. I registered on your site so I could evaluate your software for compliance with my guidelines before posting. Since there is very little information publicly available about what your software does (the screenshot you posted here is more than is available on your own site), I tried to download it to see if it matched your claims. But I do not pay for open source software - or for the privilege to download it for evaluation.
7. I did not add an avatar or add my URL on your site because I didn't feel the need. If that's a requirement for your site, it should be posted there. I could not even post a question about your GPL and copyright violations in Xtreme in the proper forum without donating to your site - that's ridiculous. It appears that you are hiding the issues about Xtreme from those who wish to evaluate it. Furthermore, if I wanted to "hide," why would I register with my own user name?? Please think before you accuse. And since you brought it up, please delete my user account there as I do not wish to be associated with your site.
8. It's easier for those of us who support RavenNuke to support someone if they use RavenNuke. That isn't arrogant - it's practical. What's arrogant is stating you have the best software without allowing anyone to review the code you claim is so good and secure, expecting people to blindly pay you for that software - again, with no way to evaluate it, and not having any record of support to back that up. Come back when you have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of posts on your site supporting ALL flavors of Nuke and all the modules that work with it. That's what your "lazy" friends at RavenPHPScripts have done.

In short, no one is attacking you or calling you names. We tried to explain the problems with licensing and encouraged you to work with the community. But it appears that you prefer to cause problems in the community by attacking those who support it. If your "product" is really good, you can prove that by making it available and letting people decide for themselves. If you really want to help the Nuke community, focus on making improvements, rather than wasting everyone's time starting arguments, making false claims and accusations.

hicux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Xtreme V5 vs RavenNuke Simple Reply with quote

Hey kguske Sorry and thanks for being patient with me. Very Happy There wont be anymore fight. Wink

Last edited by hicux on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Xtreme V5 vs RavenNuke Simple Reply with quote

Everyone appreciates the effort to make something. The RavenNuke(tm) team has spent thousands of hours on RN, yet you call us "lazy." So maybe not everyone appreciates that effort.

My point (again) is that if someone is interested in your PHP-Nuke distribution, how can they determine if it's worth subscribing, without being able to verify the benefits you claim it has?

RavenNuke(tm) wasn't even "old" nuke in it's first release years ago, because there were many fixes and improvements over 7.6 even in the first release. Since then, there have been thousands of bug fixes, compliance fixes, enhancements and improvements - way more than was what included in 8.1. That doesn't include the thousands of support requests addressed on RavenPHPScripts.com

Please do not misunderstand: I'm not attacking your distribution. It appears that you've added a lot of addons some people might want, and you claim to have added enough security to eliminate NukeSentinel, as well as other enhancements. If so, that's great. The RN team chose to keep addons to a minimum for many reasons that were discussed on RavenPHPScripts.com, but has made many security, compliance and other enhancements that probably led to your request to use it as the base for your distribution. That in itself shows that you must have some appreciation for the benefits of RavenNuke(tm), so it seems questionable that you would claim it's old, after publicly stating on Raven's site that it was good.

I can't evaluate your claims, so I can't compare it to the core of RavenNuke(tm). But you can't honestly compare RavenNuke to Nuke 7.6 or 8.1, either. Most everyone agrees that you shouldn't use either 7.6 or 8.1 without patches, fixes, security enhancements, etc. If what you have done is good, and people can evaluate it fairly to decide that for themselves, you won't need to bash other distributions to make yours look better. We all have better things to do with our time!

As for avatars on this site, I haven't had time to put RavenNuke on this site (yet). But even when I do, I will still not be a fan of avatars.

Regarding posting your announcement on this site:
Quote:
NOTE: ONLY GPL, PHP-NUKE-RELATED SUBMISSIONS WILL BE PUBLISHED.
Not all submissions will be posted.
Your submission may be edited by our staff.

I have not been able to verify the license as GPL, and as I noted previously, your site appears to violate the licenses of PHP-Nuke, CNBYA, phpBB, and Lorkin's Emerald theme. Therefore, I am unable to post your news at this time. I was actually typing an email to explain that when I read your first post in this thread, which made my email pointless.

hicux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After checking all codes from Raven Nuke I noticed they made a good job and many changes. I guess I made a mistake on posting so fast without checking first. My apologies for the whole community including Raven.

In order to say sorry I built a new website with the last version of RavenNUke at www.bestbuildpc.org.

I love phpnuke and I will never be able to abandon it Very Happy

I made lots of changes at www.bestbuildpc.net and I am still working improving the whole system. I want to thank to all people for all the hard work. Embarassed Sorry
. Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: