nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feed per forum/category possible?
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
warren-the-ape
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Ok, thnx for the info Smile

Guardian wrote:
You are correct about 'karma' I just checked a DB from a site I migrated for a client and it only seems to affect the nuke_users table so my apologies if I led you astray with that one.

Hehe no problem, i didnt really looked into that one cause i couldn't remember the karma system interfering with any forum feature whatsoever Razz

Anyway, I double-checked the table fields again but i cant find any missing field in forums.php, its all there.

Any idea what i can do next?

Could I turn on the debug feature in the config.php or wont that work with the feeds (nukefeed)?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

It would help but the db logger would perhaps provide more info if there's a sql problem.
You can turn the dblogger on in rnconfig.php but make sure the file inside the webroot/dblog directory is writable.
Turn it up full for a while, click around and see what gets written - WARNING, it can get pretty full quite quickly so don't forget to turn it back off after an hour or whatever.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

I dont use RavenNuke unfortunately Razz

Well turning on 'display errors' in the config.php didnt show anything..
Not sure if i can do something else?

Edit:

Tablefield structures for; _bbtopics, _bbforums, _bbposts, _bbposts_text

Code:
_bbtopics

topic_id     mediumint(8)
forum_id     smallint(8)
topic_title     char(60)
topic_poster     mediumint(8)
topic_time     int(11)
topic_views     mediumint(8)
topic_replies     mediumint(8)
topic_status     tinyint(3)
topic_vote     tinyint(1)
topic_type     tinyint(3)
topic_last_post_id     mediumint(8)
topic_first_post_id     mediumint(8)
topic_moved_id     mediumint(8)

Code:
_bbforums

forum_id     smallint(5)
cat_id     mediumint(8)
forum_name     varchar(150)
forum_desc     text
forum_status     tinyint(4)
forum_order     mediumint(8)
forum_posts     mediumint(8)
forum_topics     mediumint(8)
forum_last_post_id     mediumint(8)
prune_next     int(11)
prune_enable     tinyint(1)
auth_view     tinyint(2)
auth_read     tinyint(2)
auth_post     tinyint(2)
auth_reply     tinyint(2)
auth_edit     tinyint(2)
auth_delete     tinyint(2)
auth_sticky     tinyint(2)
auth_announce     tinyint(2)
auth_vote     tinyint(2)
auth_pollcreate     tinyint(2)
auth_attachments     tinyint(2)

Code:
_bbposts

post_id     mediumint(8)
topic_id     mediumint(8)
forum_id     smallint(5)
poster_id     mediumint(8)     
post_time     int(11)
poster_ip     varchar(8)
post_username     varchar(25)
enable_bbcode     tinyint(1)
enable_html     tinyint(1)
enable_smilies     tinyint(1)
enable_sig     tinyint(1)
post_edit_time     int(11)
post_edit_count     smallint(5)

Code:
_bbposts_text

post_id     mediumint(8)
bbcode_uid     varchar(10)
post_subject     varchar(60)
post_text     text

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Gentle kick Rolling Eyes

Is there anything wrong with my tables or do i have to search the problem elsewhere?
If more info is needed let me know Smile

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Tables look fine so I'm at a loss (assuming the forums are accessible to anonymous) it looks like this is something specific to nuke 7.9+
Even if some of the forum files were moved and paths changes I would expect those to be thrown as errors when error reporting is on.
Unfortunately I don't have any nuke version above 7.6 installed anywhere to test this.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

I haven't looked at 7.9, but I suspect it's because the forums files were moved from the includes directory to the modules/Forums directory (or a subdirectory). You should be able to see this if you turn on display_errors in your config.php file, and possibly in your site's error log.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
Tables look fine so I'm at a loss (assuming the forums are accessible to anonymous)

Okay thats good to hear Cool Yep the forum ID's i used are viewable for annonymous as well, tried the forums on module level as well, same problem.

Quote:
it looks like this is something specific to nuke 7.9+
Even if some of the forum files were moved and paths changes I would expect those to be thrown as errors when error reporting is on.
Unfortunately I don't have any nuke version above 7.6 installed anywhere to test this.

Thats bad to hear Razz

@ kguske
Well like I said, I turned it on and i didnt saw anything when i tested the feed within the administration, apart from the db error;

"There seems to be a problem with the server, sorry for the inconvenience.
We should be back shortly."

I will look at it another time and test some more. PHP-Nuke doesn't log these errors in a log somewhere does it?

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Quote:

PHP-Nuke doesn't log these errors in a log somewhere does it?

No, not the version your are using. At least not database errors. The only other log would possibly be your Apache error log. If you were using RavenNuke, it would be a different story.

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Certainly is beginning to sound more and more like a pathing issue which, kguske pointed to earlier (I must have missed that post sorry kguske).
The only file I can think of that holds DB info is config.php so lets assume that has not be renamed and therefore not a problem, the only other one off the top of my head is includes/constants.php which defines the database tables the forums use.
FB really messed things up for a lot of people moving those forum files about Sad

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:

The only file I can think of that holds DB info is config.php so lets assume that has not be renamed and therefore not a problem

Correct, my config.php = config.php located in the root

Quote:
the only other one off the top of my head is includes/constants.php which defines the database tables the forums use.
FB really messed things up for a lot of people moving those forum files about Sad

includes/constants.php is there as well, like i said earlier (see 1st page).
bbcode.php is located there as well; includes/bbcode.php

Do you guys need the contents of constants.php and/or a list of all files located in modules/Forums/ ?

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Ey guys,

Well.. the problem still exists, even after upgrading to bbtonuke 2.0.23 (latest) and fixing/upgrading my missing nukebb tables.

I know you guys (kguske) are probably pretty busy with the upcoming release of RN 2.30.0, so not sure if you have some spare time Wink

Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Still think it's a pathing issue related to 7.9+
I know you have;
includes/constants.php
includes/bbcode.php
but if you look, you'll see the job FB did was only half done.
He moved these and some other files to;
modules/Forums/includes/constants.php
modules/Forums/includes/bbcode.php
the problem being, he left the originals in place because he couldn't figure out some of the pathing issues he was having.

I don't want this post to be an 'FB bashing post', I'm just trying to explain that having the files is one thing, but as you know yourself, some files 'include' other files which in turn can 'include' other files. If the data is not processed correctly because of some change in one of the files, things will fall over.

I don't know the answer to your specific problem, I'm guessing it is path related. One file might call a path starting $nuke_file another might be $phpbb_root_path etc.
Wish I could help more as I know how frustrating this must be having just corrected some of his stuff in the PM module.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: