nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feed per forum/category possible?
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
warren-the-ape
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Ey guys,

I heard some good things about nukeFEED now i wondered;
- is it possible to generate a feed for a seperate forum or a forum category with nukeFEED?

The reason im asking this is cause i want to output the topics from a certain forum/category on my homepage. Similar to a 'last 10 topics' -block.

Im already using a feedreader on my homepage, so if i have a feed from that forum/category i would already be done Smile But like to know before i install the nukeFEED mod.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Not sure how it will work on your own site as it's really intended for offsite reading, but you could create a feed with the following settings:

Content: Forums (Forums module must be active)
Order: recent
Level: category or forum
Level ID: (the unique ID of the category or forum)
# of items: 10

kguske

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

I tested it on a XAMPP (Windows) server and it did not work, but it does work here on this LAMP server.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Ey kguske thnx for your fast reply Cool
Our server is running Linux, so it might work/be possible if i understand you correctly?

Those variables (content, order, level, level id etc.) are probably assigned within the admin of nukeFEED right?

Well great to hear it's possible, i will give it a try asap and let you know about it.

Method is perhaps a bit strange but i already have an aggregator running, updated through a cronjob, so why not Razz

P.s. slightly offtopic, if you find some extra time could you reply at ravenphpscripts.com at that topic about those ' Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!', that would be greatly appreciated Wink

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Okay, installed nukeFEED, installation went pretty smooth Smile
Quite a lot of folders in the 'include' section but guess they are all needed since they were located in the 'html' folder.

Tried to create a feed for my forum with the info you provided above but i get the same error as described here;
http://www.nukeseo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=210

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

With;
Content - Forums
Order - Recent
# of items - 10
Level - Forum (Category gives the same problem)
Level ID - 15 (one of my forums)

The only mod I installed is a 'prune (inactive) users' -mod, which i hardly use anyway and only required changes to the admin section.

Running; PHP-Nuke 7.9 patched 3.3

Feed for my News/Articles does work btw. If you need an overview of all my bbnuke tables let me know.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Any news on this one? I did find another solution for my 'problem' without using NukeFEED but I still like to use it to create a feed for our forums.

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

I just tried the exact same set up and it is working just fine for me. I'll leave my test feed up for a couple of days so that you can see it. I picked my HTML Newsletter category for my forums (http://montegoscripts.com).

I am not sure what could be causing yours not to work unless maybe you have a corrupted file? Maybe try to re-upload with FileZilla... possibly in binary mode if this is linux?

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Not sure if you can compare RavenNuke with php-nuke 7.9 Razz but you guys probably know more about all the differences than me Cool

I never had any problems with a script/module/block before, usually they are zipped and I use winrar to unpack and winSCP to upload (yep server is running Linux).

This time i needed to install that 7-zip thingie, displayed no errors either.

What file is responsible for the Forums feed retreival or is there only 1 file for all modules? Cause the feed for normal News/Articles is just working fine.

It also seems that im not the only one with these problems, looking at an earlier thread;
http://www.nukeseo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=210

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

And all of those issues talk about having made forum mods. I am not familiar with 7.9 as I refused long ago to use anything above 7.6. But, I doubt that it had forum mods. Have you made any mods? That is the only thing that I can think of because RavenNuke is just core BBtoNuke, no forum table mods.

I would check the SQL in includes/nukeSEO/content/Forums.php against your tables.

Last edited by montego on Fri May 30, 2008 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

warren-the-ape wrote:
The only mod I installed is a 'prune (inactive) users' -mod, which i hardly use anyway and only required changes to the admin section.

Wink

At least thats the only mod that added 'bb' -tables to the db.

But thnx for the tip;
I'll check 'includes/nukeSEO/content/Forums.php' and see if i can find some strange things.

Edit:
Hmm, now that i think of it. Some time ago before i did the backend work on our website, the owner updated bb2nuke. It could be that he forgot a version between the old and new since i sometimes get a SQL error (in forum admin) whenever I try to change the pass for a user, refering to a missing db table.

Could those 2 be related?

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Any changes to your forum tables could very well be related. Wish you were running RavenNuke because you could just turn on the SQL logger and we'd find immediately where the problem is... Wink

Definitely review the SQL in that script against your current tables.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Late reply, as you probably read on ravenphpscripts I was busy cleaning up our db. Restored a couple of posts/topics + removed around 30 old tables from old mods and changes, yep feels great to have a cleaned up db again Laughing

Anyway I checked includes/nukeSEO/content/Forums.php and compared it to my db.

Those 4 tables are there; _bbtopics, _bbforums, _bbposts, _bbposts_text

+ all the fields from those tables called from forums.php seem to be there as well.

Hmm after a close look I see this line;

Code:
$bbtonukepath = 'modules/Forums/includes/';

if (!file_exists($bbtonukepath.'constants.php')) $bbtonukepath = 'includes/';

I dont have a 'includes/' folder in my 'modules/Forums/'

I DO have a constants.php in; root/includes/constants.php

I dont know if that function is just a fallback? My PHP knowledge is too small but if you could enlighten me Cool

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

In case it helps, I believe that version of nuke also had the 'karma' mod installed by default so this might have some bearing on the forum table structures. I also noted recently that the 'comments' code has changed and this also has some altered table structures (when compared to nuke 7.6/RavenNuke) to support those changes.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

Yep Karma is installed, although i hardly use it. But the comments and karma have nothing to do with the forums as far as i know.

The feed for normal 'News' -articles is working fine Very Happy

Edit:
But is 'modules/Forums/includes/' default in RavenNuke/7.6 ?

Edit 2:
Hmm okay, I see the other path is there as well; $bbtonukepath = 'includes/' (stupid me) Embarassed

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed per forum/category possible? Reply with quote

No, in RN there is no directory path modules/Forums/includes but I believe there may be in nuke 8.0/8.1 as FB decided to muck with things again.

In RN and pre *nuke 7.9 (to the best of my knowledge, constants.php is located in nukeroot/includes/

You are correct about 'karma' I just checked a DB from a site I migrated for a client and it only seems to affect the nuke_users table so my apologies if I led you astray with that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: