nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra Content ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THoTH
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

Couple of questions guys Smile

1) Is it possible to add extra content types for the feeds module, currently I'm only showing a list of 5, but I would like to add others, if I knew how. I gave it a go creating a file based on your others, but it didn't work (stopped displaying the add feed form). It'd be great if we could add other areas of the site to the feeds.

Specifically nuke video module and the old "sections" module. I know enough to look up tables and names, any pointers in the right direction?

2) My OPML link doesn't seem to create the right output, just lists random articles by the looks of things ? Any ideas why?

Thanks again, must be my favourite module this, really like what it offers. Smile

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

I have not really delved into nukeFEED too much as I simply have not had the time but with regard to the old Sections module which was dropped around *nuke 7.3 (?) it is almost a duplicate of the Content module which is why it was dropped, so that would seem like a good place to start on which to base new code.

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

I cannot comment on the OPML question, but certainly the answer is "yes" to adding new content. In fact, I think it is pretty straightforward (although I have not tried, I have removed content in this manner). All one must do is add another script to this directory:

includes\nukeSEO\content\

Just follow the examples already in that directory to create new ones for new content areas.

THoTH

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I will give it a go, I tried it, but I messed up with the table definition prefixes, t.table etc.. I never thought of basing it around the content module, I'll use that as my template and give it a go. No rush for the OPML problem, I can create one manually and store it on the server.

Montego, I won't go off topic on this thread, but I tried to write some shortlinks for NukeTube, half of them worked, but the other half kept appending the remainder of the url.

So I had tube.html = modules.php?name=NukeTube etc but when I changed others the urls were being returned like this.

tube.html&ver=56&file=78 , I gave up in the end and have hard coded the links in the module. Just wondered if there was something simple I was missing, like a few brain cells Very Happy

montego

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

If you look at how I have done the GT-xxxxxxxxxxx.php files, you will see that within a given pattern (when working from left to right within the href/src), I always put the longest links first - again, within a given pattern - on down to the final module.html. You just didn't have a rewrite rule that included the "ver" and "file" fields.

THoTH

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

Thanks fella, if I wasn't pushed for time, I'd have written one, I've written them before, but I'm no good with regex, I just can't get my head round it. When I do get a bit more time, I'll put the original file back and write one.

Regarding the sections content, I did it! A bit of trial and error, but I got it working, but I hit another snag, it displays the full content from the sections, and some of them are about 5 screens big. Don't spose there's a way to limit the output to the first x amount of characters?

No rush or anything, realise you guys are busy Smile

montego

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

Congrats on the added content!

There sure is a way to cut a string into a smaller number of characters. The on-line PHP manual is your friend... Wink

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.substr.php

THoTH

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Extra Content ? Reply with quote

Heheh I know about that command, I was wondering where to apply it ! Laughing No worries, I'll have a dig Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: