nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatal error
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susann
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Fatal error Reply with quote

My newest feeds-2-rss20.xml is a blank page.
How do I fix these errors:
Quote:

Warning: output_nukefeed(includes/nukeSEO/content/.php) [function.output-nukefeed]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /blahblah/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109

Warning: output_nukefeed() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/nukeSEO/content/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /blahblah/ogme/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo in /blahblah/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 111

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Are there any extra files in your includes/nukeSEO/content directory? If so, delete them. You may need to change the content type of the feed, also.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply.
Possible I have a theme issue somewhere.
But I deleted the tables in the database.Activated Nuke Feeds again and it seems that did the trick.

Brujo
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Hi, i have almost the same errors in my Logfile and i didnt have extra files in the content dir. What do you mean change content type of feed

Quote:
[Mon Apr 07 08:12:03 2008] [error] [client 88.65.30.86] PHP Warning: include_once(includes/nukeSEO/content/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Mon Apr 07 08:12:03 2008] [error] [client 88.65.30.86] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/nukeSEO/content/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Mon Apr 07 08:12:03 2008] [error] [client 88.65.30.86] PHP Fatal error: Class 'seo' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 111

any hints?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Check that the following files exist;
includes/nukeSEO/nukeSEOfunctions.php
and
includes/feedcreator/feedcreator.class.php

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Brujo The type of content for the feed can be changed in the feed administration. That was meant.

Brujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

@Guardian - the files are in place

so i searched around and found out why i have so many errors in my webservers error_log. In the beginning i was playing with nukefeed and created some feeds and deleted it some days ago and started new. so the fid is now used for example from 10 > 20 and the old fid from 1- 9 are not more existing. But in my case a feedbot has already the old entry crawled and try now the old url and create the warnings and errors.

Quote:
"GET /modules.php?name=Feeds&fid=4&type=RSS20 HTTP/1.1" 500
and
"GET /feeds-1-rss20.xml HTTP/1.1" 500

fid 4 for example is not more used and you will get a error 500...

however, this is normal to setup feeds and delete them, so the code should check if fid is existing and not create an error 500

with best regards
Brujo

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

It is not the job of any script to do that.
If you create a link which gets indexed by the search engines then they will keep looking for it after you move or delete it.

It is the job of the webmaster to fix those sorts of problems, even if they happend by accident etc.
You could put a redirect in your htaccess file to give a header 301 response which will tell the search engine that the link does not exist anymore.
Code:

redirect 301 / http://www.yoursite.com./path/filename

Brujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

@guardian, first, i am aware of the redirect, and agree that is the job of the webmaster to take care of this kind of changes he do..

but i do not agree about the code of the script and asume it is just a missunderstandig...

because if i can call the feed module with an not existing fid and it generates an Webserver error 500 this should never be be happend.

examples with not existing id`s:
Code:
/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=99999

or
/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=99999

just gives empty results but never a Webserver error 500

but try byself call the feed mod with a non existing number like:
Quote:
/modules.php?name=Feeds&fid=99999&type=RSS20

this generates a webserver 500 error and this is for my an bug. Also this shows on your own site just a empty page!

Brujo

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

An empty page isn't the same as a 500 error. What would be the recommended redirect? Try to find a VALID feed and display that? Display an XML page that the feed isn't found? Display an HTML page?

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

@kguske of course you are right a empty page is not the same, but i think this is because the warnings & errors are switched off in the config.php. Same on my site if i switch it on i got the warnings on the site and errors in the Server logfiles as i wrote above. And i think if a site or feed is not existing a 404 not found is better as the warnings.

However it seems no one else has tried the example with the not existing fid or did a look in his servers logfile, or i am the only one with this strange behavior, then sorry about that. But for me it´s OK, i just was playing around with nukefeed so you can forget it,...

thanks for discussion

Brujo

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Hmm actually, now I think about it, you shouldn't get a 500 error.
If you are using url re-writing which you seem to be, it should give you a 403 page not found if the feed does not exist.
Have you tried that same link but with re-writing turned on and off?

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

in config.php display_errors set to false and no URL rewriting and with this url http://www.my.domain/feeds-9999-rss20.xml (9999 is not existing feed) opens a blank page in the Browser but in the Serverlogs the following.

Quote:
==> access_log <==
80.254.147.84 - - [08/Apr/2008:10:32:58 +0200] "GET /feeds-9999-rss20.xml HTTP/1.0" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3"

==> error_log <==
[Tue Apr 08 10:32:58 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Warning: include_once(includes/nukeSEO/content/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Tue Apr 08 10:32:58 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/nukeSEO/content/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Tue Apr 08 10:32:58 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Fatal error: Class 'seo' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 111

if i enable in the config.php now the display_errors to true, now i can see in FF & IE the warnings & Errors and in the Servers Logfile the following:

Quote:
==> access_log <==
80.254.147.84 - - [08/Apr/2008:10:43:25 +0200] "GET /feeds-9999-rss20.xml HTTP/1.0" 200 545 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3"

==> error_log <==
[Tue Apr 08 10:43:25 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Warning: include_once(includes/nukeSEO/content/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Tue Apr 08 10:43:25 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/nukeSEO/content/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 109
[Tue Apr 08 10:43:25 2008] [error] [client 80.254.147.84] PHP Fatal error: Class 'seo' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/my.domain/httpdocs/includes/nukeSEO/nukeFEED.php on line 111

for my there are 2 Questions, first should a Url with an not existing feed generate such warnings and errors ? and the other i dont know why display_errors set to false creates the error 500 and with display_errors set to true not but still the warnings and error

Brujo

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Brujo, that this condition should be handled. If they happened to have display errors on - obviously not a good thing - it would expose patch info. With it off, it just produces a blank page. Neither seem good to me.

If the feed is not found, why not redirect or write out a nukeFEED error page?

This is not an issue with URL re-writing. In fact, just test against even the current RN by using "modules.php?name=Feeds&fid=99999&type=RSS20" as the URL (with your DNS or IP of course).

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fatal error Reply with quote

Well I guess as a quick fix you could preceed the include with @ to suppress the error but I'm having trouble understanding;
a - why there are 9999 feeds in the first place
b - if the url in the error message says includes/nukeSEO/content/.php this would seem to indicate a content type was missing and there should have been no feed created in the first place.
Now I'm completely befuddled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: