nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

In the download section, you're saying that the editor requires patched phpnuke. Is this true for all versions? I would like to install it on PHPNuke 7.9 but I didn't patch it and I don't really want to due to changes made. Plus when I tried to patch it a long time ago I got massive errors.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

I just tried it and the modifications to mainfile.php makes my site show a blank page. Any way I can make it work?

Thanks.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

Ok so I found the answer by browsing the threads... For anyone trying this:

add in mainfile.php:

if(defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../../');
elseif(defined('INSIDE_MOD')) define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../');
else define('INCLUDE_PATH', './');

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

That's why you need the patch... Smile

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

Yeah I wish I would've known about the patches before I spent hours of hours of editing the phpnuke code to adapt it to my site. I had just downloaded phpnuke and never joined up with any nuke-related community or anything. Oh well, next big update Wink.

I'm glad to see that this can still work with the unpatched version though. Been looking forward to being able to embed youtube videos etc.

A tip for the next release could be to add simple instructions on how to make the news and content windows larger. The WYSIWYG tools are taking up alot more space than the TinyMCE stuff. I just made the windows longer on my site and it makes it alot easier for me to post content.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

I want to embed a video but it seems hard to do. I had success from one site but not another. I can't even post the code here though as I am transferred to FBI's website, lol.

The video is not found. Doesn't matter if I use a youtube link or another link.

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

The problem seem to be when the youtube link uses a &. If this is removed (its often added to select language) the problem becomes that youtube links seem to be case sensitive and the WYSIWYG editor seems to change all capital letters into lower cases.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WYSIWYG on unpatched 7.9 Reply with quote

This site doesn't support YouTube, flash, etc., and treats attempts to post that as an attack - hence the redirection.

As for FCKeditor being case sensitive, I can't imagine why that would be the case, but I'll see what I can find on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: