nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuke Reviews

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

With reference to this thread;
http://nukeseo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=241
In which kguske makes some very nice suggetions on how you can do your bit in promoting nuke, Raven Nuke and developers in general I thought it might be of some benefit to create a site which people could post their favourite modules, hacks etc on and then review those scripts giving them a STAR rating for ease of installation etc.
As an added bonus, anyone submitting a review gets a 50% share in adsense profits for the page their review is on (by rotating the publisher ID).

So! I'm doing my bit, what about anyone else?
I don't want to take advantage of my friendship with kguske by turning this post into 'link promotion' so if anyone wants to make suggestions on my site I will PM you the link.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

What friendship? Laughing

Seriously, please post the link - or a story. I think that's a great idea!

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

Well if you insist.. Wink
www.nuke-reviews.com
Forgive the 'cubist' look lol I have not really done much complex 'laying out' using CSS and I'm afraid I'm not much of a designer in that respect so hopefully if I get some nice feedback about the general 'usability' of the site it might encourage me to work on it further or even pay someone to tackle the 'visual' side of it.

The basic premise of the site is so that developers can add their modules, hacks, etc as 'items' (similar to how directory listings work) but then those that use the module, hack, whatever can then 'review' that script by telling others and rating various aspects of the script - for example, how easy it was to install, is there support for it, was it good value for money etc.

I am hoping people could us it to see if a particular script would siut their needs, if development is on-going and if not, where they can now download the script etc etc.

As an incentive to those that take the trouble to write a review, there will be one image base google advert (banner etc) within the review page itself which will rotate the adsense publisher ID so all reviewers will get an equal share of any ad revenue.

At the moment I am still adding 'criteria' for which people might want to rate the script (not all criteria are added to each review item as these are selectable from a list during the 'add item' routine).

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

Yes, some parts are more difficult to read. Curious - why did you select that software for this purpose? Could one of the Nuke reviews modules been modified to support Adsense revenue sharing?

Also, I entered an incorrect Adsense ID, and it displayed an error indicating this. But when I clicked the link to edit, it displayed a 404 (I think the link is bad).

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

Do you know what the link was that was bad?
I have tried to check every link given I have made modifications to the core files but I probably missed one by the sounds of it Sad

I could probably have modified an existing nuke module by really wanted something stand-alone. This particuar script supported an unlimited number of item 'criteria' for users to rate (out of the box) whereas a lot of others I looked had only had one. Some of the more expensive scripts had what I needed but after looking at their configuration settings decided it would take me more time to set up that I had.

I really appreciate the feedback though. Looks like I'll have to go back end do some more work on the 'look'.
The site is not officially open yet as I'm trying to tweak it based on the feedback I get before advertising it everywhere.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Nuke Reviews Reply with quote

Fixed - forgot to convert one var to single quotes - doh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> Nuke Appreciation All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: