nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raven Nuke
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

So Raven Nuke is more secure... but before I switch over let me ask you this:

Can I use phpnuke themes for it?
Can I remove all login/sign up links in it without trouble?
Can I install WYSIWYG from this website and embed youtube videos and other content in it?
Can I use the custom title hack in it?
Can I update my phpnuke to it and keep everything from the database?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Yes to all of your questions.

For more details, check http://ravennuke.com and http://www.ravenphpscripts.com

Qlof

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

do ya'll use phpnuke for this site?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Yes, we use a heavily modified version of with many of the same improvements included in RavenNuke. At some point, we'll switch the site to run completely in RN, but haven't had time to make those changes yet.

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Qlof wrote:
do ya'll use phpnuke for this site?

If you want other examples of pure RavenNuke sites, Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! and Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! can be looked at. I personally use RavenNuke for all my nuke-related sites. I'm kind of biased that way... Laughing

Qlof

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

thanks for the replies. i meant to ask if you run RN on this site. I got the answer for that anyway.

I honestly don't see a point for me to update to RN at the moment. I have a standalone forum but when phpBB3 is in RN I will seriously consider updating.

I have done so many changes to my phpnuke version so it would be alot of work for me to first install RN and then make all the edits. I don't even remember where I made half of them.

But for the future... do you know if there's info on upgrading from phpnuke to RN? I failed to find info on that on the RN website.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Qlof wrote:
But for the future... do you know if there's info on upgrading from phpnuke to RN? I failed to find info on that on the RN website.

There are extensive instructions within the HowToInstall manual within the RavenNuke download. Also, there is tremendous help found at Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Which version of phpNuke are you using at the moment Qlof ?

Qlof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

I use PHPNuke 7.8 (the last free version, lol) and I have some security stuff. I've gone alot of changes to the code so I'm not really wanting to upgrade unless I know I'm getting something real good.

odo1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Qlof -
I was a avid user of MPN before they stopped working on it. I searched everywhere for a solid secure phpnuke framework. I tried just about all of them and I have to say that Montego and Contributors to the RavenNuke framework have gone far and beyond what others have only dreamed about in regards to phpnuke security. I run 3 sites and will not use anything but RavenNuke. The installtion is smooth, the security is tight, and the code is clean. If there is a problem you can use the forum for support and more then likely you will get an answer. My only beef with the product is when Montego and crew will make a AJAX banner ad system so we do not have to add code snippets anymore (tounge in cheek) Seriously my main site is a network/computer security site that I use for my consulting practice, and I have just about every SQL and RFI script tossed at it daily, and so far the integrated NukeSentinel has worked as it should. I stake my lively hood on RavenNuke I guess that says it all...

Hope the above helps you decide. I do not know anyone that codes this. I only know what i see lurking in the forum over there.

Good Luck

Odo

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Now an important question: Will RavenNuke run in safe mode? I think I remember trying it out and the security part of it would not work in safe mode, but I might remember wrong.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

I do believe that it will not work in safe mode. At least that is our recommended setup. There are many scripts that will not work in safe mode, one very popular one for example, Gallery2.

But, it would be helpful to the RavenNuke(tm) Team if you could try to install it and test it out in Safe Mode for us or set it up and let us give a go at testing it.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

I installed it in safe mode and it works. The NukeSentinel doesn't work though... Too bad but I guess I can do without it. I'm right now trying to find swedish language files for RavenNuke. I tried with the phpnuke 7.6 files but not everything is translated and I really dont feel like translating it all on my own even though its a possibility. Apparently there are language files - theyre just not avaliable anywhere lol.

And montego I remember us having a discussion about your (very good) script for shorter titles and discussing the title tag being in the url. There is something like it for phpBB on www.phpbb-seo.com and I think it can be made for PHPNuke. Imagine the content title being in the url. Now that's some good Google placement! Just wanted to let u know about that script in case you didnt see it and if you are still working on your GT script.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

Its not as easy as you might think as it is not as simple as replacing existing links that PHP-Nuke is already producing. It would require either core PHP-Nuke code changes to produce links with the needed information, or add a ton of overhead to go out and get the titles for EVERY link found on the site.

Trust me. This is not an easy-do.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Nuke Reply with quote

That's why I linked to the site where they do it for phpBB. I was guessing the links were produced in a similar way. But yeah, I bet it's hard and I don't know anything about it so I'm not trying to tell you to do it. It was just a friendly tip =).

About RavenNuke it seems to work fine except for NukeSentinel and ofcourse the language files. I guess I have to do those myself. I saw an update on ravennuke.com about swedish language files and it said that they were avaliable in the downloads section but there are no language files there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: