nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help needed installing i have an error
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed installing i have an error Reply with quote

Thank you, yes, that corrected the issue and the site displays.
However, Confused when attempting to edit the news/admin/index.php file I get a white page.

There are no errors shown on any theme. There is nothing in the error logs.

Here are the files

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/DC/newsadmin-modified.zip

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/DC/newsadminnormal.zip

Your help is most appreciated. Thank you Smile

jennifer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: help needed installing i have an error Reply with quote

Confused Do you have any ideas what is wrong with this? I hope so. Thank you Smile

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: help needed installing i have an error Reply with quote

Jennifer, had you set $display_errors to true in config.php? Blank white page almost always means you have introduced a PHP parse error. Without seeing the section of code that you have modified, it will be difficult to determine the cause...

jennifer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: help needed installing i have an error Reply with quote

Hi Montego,

Yes, it is turned to true. The sections of code are listed two posts above. I included links to view and download the modified and unmodified files. If someone can help it will be appreciated.

Also, in an attempt to help you, help me, I am including a piece of code here. This is unmodified code from the News/admin/index.php.

Code:
   echo "<option value=\"\" $sellang>"._ALL."</option></select>";

} else {
   echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"alanguage\" value=\"\">";
    }
    echo "<br><br><b>"._STORYTEXT."</b><br>"
   ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"hometext\">$hometext</textarea><br><br>"
   ."<b>"._EXTENDEDTEXT."</b><br>"
   ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"bodytext\">$bodytext</textarea><br>"
   ."<font class=\"content\">"._ARESUREURL."</font><br><br>";
    if ($aid != $informant) {
       echo "<b>"._NOTES."</b><br>
   *textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"4\" name=\"notes\">$notes</textarea><br><br>";
    }
    echo "<br><b>"._CHNGPROGRAMSTORY."</b><br><br>"
   .""._NOWIS.": $date<br><br>";
    $xday = 1;
    echo ""._DAY.": <select name=\"day\">";
    while ($xday <= 31) {
   if ($xday == $datetime[3]) {
       $sel = "selected";
   } else {
       $sel = "";
   }
   echo "<option name=\"day\" $sel>$xday</option>";
   $xday++;
    }

The white pages occurs when adding the snippit of code from the "read me" file into this index.php file right here

Code:

."*textarea wr ap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"hometext\">$hometext</textarea><br><br>"

It seems not to matter what I do when I add

Code:
wysiwyg_textarea("story", "", "NukeUser", "50", "12");

This line of code. I have changed "story" to say hometext. I have tried changing around the ";" locations. I have added and removed the quote marks. However, everything results in a white page. There are no errors showing on any theme. It is set to true in the config and site. There are no errors in the error log.

Important note

I have had to change the < before "textarea" to a "*" to be able to post here without getting the old Sentinel redirect.

I really have exhausted everything that I can think of .

The full files are located about 2 posts above this in downloadable links.

Please try to help Smile

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: help needed installing i have an error Reply with quote

Jennifer, sorry for not having seen the full files. Embarassed I was in a hurry, but wanted to help. I do not have time to recode the file for you, but, instead, I am giving you the code changes for the first set of changes required in that file so that you have something to compare against. You definitely need to make sure the PHP code is valid as you had definitely created parse errors.

Maybe the following example will help:

Original Code:

Code:

}
  ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"hometext\">$hometext</textarea><br><br>"
  ."<b>"._EXTENDEDTEXT."</b><br>"
  ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"bodytext\">$bodytext</textarea><br>"
  ."<font class=\"content\">"._ARESUREURL."</font><br><br>";
  *textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"4\" name=\"notes\">$notes</textarea><br><br>";
    }

Code with Proper Edits:

Code:

}
    echo "<br><br><b>"._STORYTEXT."</b><br>";
//  ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"hometext\">$hometext</textarea><br><br>"
    wysiwyg_textarea("hometext", "", "NukeUser", "50", "12");
    echo "<b>"._EXTENDEDTEXT."</b><br>";
//  ."*textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"12\" name=\"bodytext\">$bodytext</textarea><br>"
    wysiwyg_textarea("bodytext", "", "NukeUser", "50", "12");
    echo "<font class=\"content\">"._ARESUREURL."</font><br><br>";
//      *textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"4\" name=\"notes\">$notes</textarea><br><br>";
        wysiwyg_textarea("notes", "", "NukeUser", "50", "4");
    }

Note that I had to do the same thing with the textarea... Sad (Nice FBI web site...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: