nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with feeds
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukePIE (tm), nukeREADER (tm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fkelly
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

I have the latest releases that are in the Ravennuke SVN. I have verified mainfile, rnconfig.php. I have checked the cache directory (it is 755). I have cleared it and cleared (deleted) the blocks. My problems started with

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

as a feed but now appear to go well beyond that. I get the message:

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 1

when I create a block based on this url. It was working for a week or two on my site (webmhcc.org).

I have looked at the url above in a separate browser window. It looks fine. I know that I'm not looking at a cached copy because it has items that were just added this morning.

Incidentally I tried several of the feeds that "come with Nuke" including freshmeat, freedos, and bsdtoday. None of them work, several give the message that they can't find the url for the feed file. If I can get this working properly on my site I'll be happy to go thru these and verify them. We might want to just eliminate that if there's time (the pre-coded URLS, I mean) because they are more likely to be a source of error than a convenience. IMHO.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

I don't see this error when adding the feed to a test site running RN 2.20:

Where is the error displayed? In the block itself?

After you cleared the files from your /cache directory, did they reappear for this and / or other feeds?

Are there other feeds that are working?

Regarding the URLs that have been in Nuke for years, I'm not surprised that they no longer exist and agree that we should replace them.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Sorry, I just saw your separate message about the message appearing in the block.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

The message appears in the block itself.

My cache directory, after deleting and putting back in the block, just contains the .htaccess and index.html files. Do I need to create a "cache" file? At the start of operations today I had such a file. I went in and selected all its content thru cpanel editing and deleted the content. When you say "clear" the cache is that what you meant?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Another question: what version of PHP? Not sure if that matters, but it might.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

PHP 4.4.8 ... I'm running on Raven's host. I thought he was up to PHP5 but 4.4.8 is what phpinfo is reporting.

I tried creating a cache file. Didn't make any difference. Even went in and changed its permissions from 644 to 755, still didn't make any difference.

I am trying to get a separate test system (fkelly.org) up to snuff with 2.20 so I can test separately from my production system (webmhcc.org) but I keep running into distractions Smile plus Beyond Compare isn't running that well.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Tried creating a block with Ravens backend.php file, get same message I do with Velonews.

Deleted the whole cache directory. Recreated it. Permissions = 755. Created htacces and index.html. It's still doing the same thing.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Just to confirm, it's a directory / folder called cache (nukeroot/cache) rather than a file. The cache files generated by SimplePie in the cache directory / folder have a .spc extension, one for each RSS block. Try setting the cache directory / folder permissions to 777, then refresh the page to see if the cache files are created.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

even in desperation tried boosting permissions to 777. No luck

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

GMTA. I even went in and deleted the block, then put it back in. It is not creating spc files.

I am running Beyond Compare just to rule out any version differences, but I really don't think that's the answer. I had this all running okay a while back and I didn't even have the cache directory at 777. I do now but it's not creating the cache files.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Looks like our posts may have overlapped.

I'm confused - how are you able to create a feed with backend.php?

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

no. the backend.php did the same thing that velonews is doing. I think that the cache files are not getting created. But why I don't know. I have Beyond Compare doing it's thing, let me verify the version on my web site a second time.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

I just tried that feed url at Code author and it is working for me.
Note I'm not using the files from SVN though, I'm using the ones released here V1.0

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

Thanks John. I am concluding it may be site specific but I'm having fits with Beyond Compare showing differences where there aren't any. I have my laptop out in California and I had ironed out these comparison differences on my main computer but not on the laptop settings. It will take me a while to plug away at this and make sure I'm 100 percent up to snuff with the svn.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with feeds Reply with quote

As far as I can tell my site is up to synch with 2.20. Beyond Compare is acting a little strange but it is also looking to me like when you do a Tortoisesvn export you are getting old dates on files in at least some directories. The dates don't seem to match what's in a true repository. I don't know if that could be throwing the BC compare off or not but I have manually looked at key files (simplepie.inc, mainfile, rnconfig, the cache directory) and don't see any differences from the repository.

I will keep working on this, but Lordy I am supposed to be retired and I need to get outside into the sun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukePIE (tm), nukeREADER (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Page 1 of 4

Jump to: